1. Overall purpose of this position:
- To assist the Pick-up customer by ensuring prompt and courteous processing of their order, payment, and/or return.
2. Major activities, which must be performed in order to carry out the purpose of the position as described above:
- Assure orders are ready for Customer Pick-up, as per department guidelines.
- Assure customer satisfaction is maintained and resolve customer disputes in a prompt, efficient and courteous manner.
- Process cash/credit/check payments on account.
- Maintain accurate records of transactions.
- Maintain balanced cash/credit drawer.
- Maintain and balance petty cash.
- Coordinate communication of customer orders and returns.
- Follow up with other departments about issues/concerns affecting the Pick-Up Customer.
- Maintain a secure working environment.
- Research orders and customer information in IRMS and FDM4.
- Check inventory, customer credits and other information in FDM4.
- Ship and invoice orders in FDM4 and IRMS.
- Make changes to and enter new customer orders as needed.
- Perform housekeeping duties.
- Assure compliance with safety regulations.
- Serve as a member of the Distribution Center team, providing assistance as needed.
1. Specific knowledge, training or skills required to perform the duties of this position. Identify specific concepts, courses, training programs or required certifications.
- Strong reading and math skills.
- Physical agility and stamina to stand, walk, bend for extended periods, and lift (up to 50 pounds).
- Demonstrated, excellent oral communication and telephone skills.
- Flexibility with schedule; available to work overtime.
- In-depth interpersonal skills; demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with customers.
- Good computer skills; data entry, retrieval.
- Good knowledge of product lines.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize.
- Demonstrated ability to resolve customer disputes face-to-face.
- Strong knowledge of IRMS and FDM4.
2. Previous positions that are necessary background experience to qualify for this position.
- Previous experience at Broder Bros., Co. or in customer service environment