Customer Relationship Officer - Hacienda Heights - (20000151)
Banc of California, Inc. (NYSE: BANC) is a bank holding company with approximately $8 billion in assets and one wholly-owned banking subsidiary, Banc of California, N.A. (the “Bank”). With our 600+ dedicated professionals, we provide customized and innovative banking and lending solutions to businesses, entrepreneurs and individuals throughout California. We proudly partner with community organizations that provide financial literacy, job training, small business support, and affordable housing to help improve the communities where we live and work. With a commitment to service and building enduring relationships, we provide a higher standard of banking
Responsible for providing exceptional service by handling the customers’ financial needs in an efficient, friendly, and professional manner while opening new accounts, conducting needs assessment, and servicing transactions. They will adapt to the needs of the branch and focus on promotional activities and enhancing the customer experience by deepening and retaining relationships and recognizing opportunities. They will serve as a hybrid Relationship Banker to ensure exceptional customer experience as well as focusing on sales and service. Performs all duties in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures, all U.S. state and federal laws and regulations, wherein the company operates.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supports the Bank’s philosophy of Building Excellence and provides excellent customer service.
- Serves a dual-purpose role fulfilling responsibilities of both a Customer Relationship Officer and Teller.
- Profiles customers while opening or servicing deposit accounts to determine needs.
- Responsible for the overall branch customer experience assisting clients by making deposits and withdrawals, cashing checks, performing transfers, issuing bank checks, performing cash advances, processing loan advances and loan payments, cashing savings bonds and any other customer transaction as needed.
- Processes all types of new account transactions; cross-sells the Bank’s products and services; strives to meet or exceed branch goals.
- Responsible for responding to customer inquiries, resolving issues, and recognizing cross sales opportunities. Educate customers on alternative channels that provide service.
- Performs daily check scanning, vault settlement, ATM settlement, night drop deposits, and assists with opening/closing branch procedures as necessary.
- Multitask among multifaceted job roles to address all service or transaction needs, including cash transactions and opening basic accounts.
- Researches and resolves cash differences.
- Coordinates with Branch Manager regarding responses for independent third party and regulatory audits of the department; ensures deficiencies identified from such audits are corrected.
- Maintains a comprehensive knowledge of all Bank products and services.
- Provides mentoring and training to other staff members.
- Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works ethically and with integrity; upholds organizational values; accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Follows policies and procedures; completes tasks correctly and on time; supports the company’s goals and values.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and adherence to EEO policy; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes working environment free of harassment of any type; builds a diverse workforce and supports affirmative action.
- Performs the position safely, without endangering the health or safety to themselves or others and will be expected to report potentially unsafe conditions. The employee shall comply with occupational safety and health standards and all rules, regulations and orders issued pursuant to the OSHA Act of 1970, which are applicable to one’s own actions and conduct.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
Banc of California is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age (40 and over), ancestry, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), denial of Family and Medical Care Leave, disability (mental and physical) including HIV and AIDS, marital status, medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, military and veteran status, national origin (including language use restrictions), race, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, and sexual orientation.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Intermediate math skills; calculate interest and percentages; balance accounts; add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals; locate routine mathematical errors; compute rate, ratio and percent, including the drafting and interpretation of bar graphs.
- Excellent knowledge of bank deposits, , credit products, and services to open accounts.
- Relationship building, collaboration and teamwork.
- Intermediate experience, knowledge and training in all operational activities and terminology.
- Exceptional oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must exhibit a very professional and helpful attitude along with the ability to interact positively with customers and co-workers.
- Demonstrate ability to identify customer needs and implement an effective solution in a rapidly changing environment.
- Must be able to meet deadlines and support branch goals while delivering an excellent customer experience.
- Ability to work with little to no supervision while performing duties.
- Ability to work accurately with close attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Ability to remain flexible in order to adapt to changes in the work environment.
- Abilityto work with general supervision while performing duties.
- Abilityto communicate with individuals utilizing a telephone; requires ability to hear and speak effectively on the telephone.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND/OR LICENSES:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Work related experience should consist of an in-depth background in Bank Secrecy Act compliance and general banking skills.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 3+ years of retail banking experience in a financial services industry.
- 1 year experience explaining credit products and accepting/closing loan applications.
Primary Location: United States-CALIFORNIA-HACIENDA HEIGHTS
HACIENDA HEIGHTS BRANCH
3160 COLIMA ROAD SUITE 140S
Organization: Community Banking
Job Posting: Aug 24, 2020, 6:36:33 PM