Customer Relationship Officer Floater - (20000167)
Banc of California, Inc. (NYSE: BANC) is a bank holding company with approximately $8 billion in assets and one wholly-owned banking subsidiary, Banc of California, N.A. (the “Bank”). With our 600+ dedicated professionals, we provide customized and innovative banking and lending solutions to businesses, entrepreneurs and individuals throughout California. We proudly partner with community organizations that provide financial literacy, job training, small business support, and affordable housing to help improve the communities where we live and work. With a commitment to service and building enduring relationships, we provide a higher standard of banking.
Responsible for providing exceptional customer service in an efficient, friendly, and professional manner while opening new accounts, identifying and meeting client needs to include servicing of bank transactions. Focus on promotional activities to expand and deepen the customer relationships and recognizing opportunities. Support daily operations to include audit compliance, product sales, customer service, cash control, security and safety in accordance with the company’s objectives. Work on assignments that are more complex and function as senior leader when required. Performs all duties in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures, all U.S. state and federal laws and regulations, wherein the company operates.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Will drive to different Community Banking work locations to support coverage needed within the Area assigned.
- Supports the Bank’s philosophy of Building Excellence and provides exceptional customer service.
- Accurately process new account openings in a timely and professional manner with limited and no errors; maintains current knowledge of the banks new account opening procedures.
- Complies with BSA and Compliance Regulatory requirements to include but not limited to:
- Know your Customer (KYC)
- Account Supporting Documentation (LEBOC, CDD, Account Activity, RAW)
- Negative News Regulatory Data Corp
- ChexSystem and Qualifile
- Meets or exceeds established referral and sales goals for both business and consumer clients.
- Assists in branch calling efforts by reviewing, updating and calling prospect lists regularly.
- Resolves customer complaints and error resolution in a timely manner.
- Supports Branch Manager and Client Experience Manager with overall responsibility and accountability for the operational compliance within the branch including, but not limited to, teller cash counts, certifications, new and closed account reports, CTR filing, suspicious activity reporting, elder abuse reporting, and staff adherence to company policies and procedures.
- Supports branch with customer experience assisting clients by making deposits and withdrawals, cashing checks, performing transfers, issuing bank checks, performing cash advances, processing loan advances and loan payments, cashing savings bonds and any other customer transaction as needed.
- Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works ethically and with integrity; upholds organizational values; accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Follows policies and procedures; completes tasks correctly and on time; supports the company’s goals and values.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and adherence to EEO policy; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes working environment free of harassment of any type; builds a diverse workforce and supports affirmative action.
- Performs the position safely, without endangering the health or safety to themselves or others and will be expected to report potentially unsafe conditions. The employee shall comply with occupational safety and health standards and all rules, regulations and orders issued pursuant to the OSHA Act of 1970, which are applicable to one’s own actions and conduct.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
Banc of California is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age (40 and over), ancestry, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), denial of Family and Medical Care Leave, disability (mental and physical) including HIV and AIDS, marital status, medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, military and veteran status, national origin (including language use restrictions), race, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, and sexual orientation.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Intermediate experience, knowledge and training in all operational activities and terminology.
- Effective organizational and time management skills.
- Intermediate skills in computer terminal and personal computer operation; Microsoft Office applications including but not limited to: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Intermediate typing skills to meet production needs of the position.
- Intermediate math skills; calculate interest and percentages; balance accounts; add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals; locate routine mathematical errors; compute rate, ratio and percent, including the drafting and interpretation of bar graphs.
- Exceptional oral, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions, interpret documents, understand procedures, write reports and correspondence, and speak clearly to customers and employees.
- Ability to communicate with individuals utilizing a telephone; requires ability to hear and speak effectively on the telephone.
- Ability to remain flexible in order to adapt to changes in the work environment.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND/OR LICENSES:
- High School Diploma and a minimum of 4 years related work experience and/or training. Work related experience should consist of an in-depth background in Bank Secrecy Act compliance and general banking skills. Educational experience, through in-house training sessions, formal school or financial industry related curriculum, should be applicable to the financial industry.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Primary Location: United States-CALIFORNIA-SHERMAN OAKS
Organization: Community Banking
Job Posting: Nov 24, 2020, 7:30:07 PM