What You Will Be Doing
- Assist in identifying problem accounts, work cross-functionally with a team of Account Managers to mitigate the risk of cancellation or future disservice and serve as a point of contact for the customer if they, or the Account Manager, requests escalation internally
- Improve the retention rate for Cvent’s existing customer base and thus increase revenue impact across Cvent Products. This includes remediating assigned at-risk accounts as well as identifying new revenue generating opportunities within at-risk accounts, when appropriate and relevant.
- Advise the assigned Account Manager on suggested remediation and next steps and/or work directly with the customer toward a resolution, if appropriate. Customer Retention Managers are expected to develop a complete and unbiased understanding of the escalated account situation and work with the relevant teams to find a solution
- Manage the data collected through the At-Risk Account (ARA) program and be prepared to present key feedback to Cvent leadership and department leads.
- Help coordinate and then ensure consistency across the various teams in terms of policies and processes for handling at-risk customer interaction and escalations
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of Cvent products and services, account and billing processes, various policies and procedures and points of escalation related to service delivery and product; work closely with these teams as needed for issue resolution.
- Forecast potential loss of revenue due to missing functionality or product limitations and work with the Technology Project Managers on possible deliverables and future updates that might mitigate the non-renewals
What You Need for this Position
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 5-8 years of proven customer facing sales or account management experience in a SaaS environment, preferably within the event, hotel, or travel industries
- Must display exceptional written and verbal communication skills, you will be interacting with C-level executives (both internally and externally) on a regular basis
- Comfortable learning, using and discussing very granular elements of Cvent technology and integrations
- Articulate, organized, detail-oriented, and possess the ability to multi-task in a dynamic, extremely fast-paced and ever-changing, entrepreneurial environment
- Able to integrate knowledge across disciplines to include prospecting, consultative selling, product demonstrations, negotiating contracts, operation/process flow, and understanding Cvent internal processes
- Strong sense of initiative and personal leadership demonstrating the ability to function independently while contributing to team initiatives. Must be self-motivated and able to see things from the ‘customer lens’
- Significant experience using sales automation products and web collaboration tools; Salesforce.com is highly preferred
Cvent maintains a drug-free workplace