- Are you proactive in asking questions and recommending solutions as well as additional related products?
- Do you enjoy the challenge of discovering just the right part or solution for a customer’s need?
- Are you knowledgeable in fluid power components?
We have an immediate opening for a Fluid Power Inside Sales / Customer Service Representative. We are the world’s largest fluid power distributor, supplying hydraulic and pneumatic components and value added services.
More about this role:
As a member of the Applied® Fluid Power Network, you will help customers get the parts they need, interacting extensively with them to clarify their needs, research and recommend parts, provide quotes, and take orders. You will provide sales support and service to original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), industrial companies, engineering firms, heavy equipment customers, etc. where fluid power is utilized.
While the majority of your interactions will take place over the phone, this is not a call center environment, but rather a service and parts center.
- 3+ yrs experience in customer service and sales
- 3+ years of industrial and/or distribution knowledge
- 3+ mo. experience with Mobile or industrial hydraulic components
- Basic computer skills and MS Office package
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Fluid power certification / degree
- Ability to learn and apply new information quickly
- Excellent interpersonal and communication abilities
- Solid organizational skills, including the ability to manage multiple competing priorities
Good problem-solving and reasoning skills
Applied Industrial Technologies (NYSE: AIT) is a leading value-added distributor and technical solutions provider of industrial motion, fluid power, flow control, automation technologies, and related maintenance supplies. Our leading brands, specialized services, and comprehensive knowledge serve MRO and OEM end users in virtually all industrial markets through our multi-channel capabilities that provide choice, convenience, and expertise.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.