This individual will sell service, parts, and whole-good attachments for customer solutions, while building long-term relationships within a territory to maximize company profitability and market share. They must have strong communication skills and are expected to meet the customer’s needs and expectations.
Specific Duties Include:
- Sell machine maintenance and repair services, repair parts, extended warranties, whole good attachments, and any other management approved products.
- Maintain basic technical knowledge of RDO Equipment Co. products and services and provide technical assistance where applicable.
- Use Company provided systems/tools (i.e. S2) to fully document, track, record, follow-up and capture all related sales activity in a timely and accurate manner.
- Represent the company for the sale of Product Support to customers in a defined sales area.
- Maintain product knowledge; understand features and benefits of all products and services potentially saleable by the company.
- Be aware of competitive activity and competitive products, as well as business and industry trends.
- Maintain, as directed by the manager, current and complete sales management information for all customers in the assigned territory.
- Test/operate machinery at customer work site.
- Follow all safety rules and regulations while performing work assignments and adhere to all policies and procedures as specified in company manuals and as directed in the employee handbook.
- Conduct self in the presence of customers and community so as to present a professional image of RDO Equipment Co.
- Proactively seek and participate in available company-sponsored training, in an effort to develop and advance knowledge base and skill set.
- Participate in all company/location driven communication efforts, including open book meetings, huddles, department meetings and other related efforts.
- Maintain a positive and professional working relationship with peers, management, and support resources, with a constant commitment to teamwork and exemplary customer service.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by management in a professional and efficient manner.
- 1-3 years’ experience in an industry-related role with involvement in activities such as sales, service, training, or other related work.
- Strong computer skills
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Candidates must have valid work authorization and be able to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship.
EOE/M/F/Disabled/VeteranEqual Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with DisabilitiesThe contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.