Location Address: 200 Parker Drive, Building B - Suite 560, Austin, Texas 78728
Why not work for an INDUSTRY LEADER?
POOLCORP is the world’s leading distributor of outdoor living products. We operate in more than 350 Sales Centers with nearly 3,500 employees who proudly service the needs of our customers. Our company strives to employ only the best CDL and Delivery Drivers, Warehouse Associates and Inside Sales Representatives as well as Sales Center Managers and Operations Managers.
Because it is a place where you can grow! At POOLCORP you’ll find plenty of excellent career advancement and training opportunities to support your career growth. And, our generous compensation and benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, prescription coverage, 401 (k), EAP, and discounts specifically offered to POOL employees. During busy seasons, we also offer performance bonuses. And finally, our family-oriented, hometown culture is supported by a stable, large corporate enterprise – giving you the best of all worlds.
So, end your job search here – at POOLCORP – Where Outdoor Living Comes to Life!
The Customer Service Agent provides excellent customer service over the phone by responding to customers’ needs promptly and professionally. Works cooperatively with business development representatives and other members of the distribution team to grow existing customer sales while identifying new customers. Endeavors to meet or exceed sales quotas at the appropriate gross margin while increasing customer satisfaction.
- Places and answers calls from existing and potential customers to solicit business and to follow up on customers’ needs.
- Establishes relationships with customers understanding their needs and learns their buying habits and expectations in order to recommend specific products and solutions.
- Processes customer orders quickly and efficiently. Increases sales by cross-selling, up-selling and offering promotional sale items.
- Communicates pricing, product updates, deliveries and terms.
- Accurately performs data entry of sales orders, quotes for early buys, price matrixes, etc.
- Updates sales team of customer additions and/or changes.
- Promptly responds to complaints and resolves issues in a timely manner. Follows up with sales center managers on resolution.
- Remains current on product and industry knowledge by attending sales meetings, vendor training and trade shows and reading trade journals.
- Researches and studies the market to stay aware of competitive situations.
- Assists operations and purchasing departments with inventory control by providing information on new business needs or reduced/lost business.
- Reviews open sales orders, open purchase orders, and open transfers weekly.
- Works with accounts receivable department when necessary to assist in collecting on past due accounts.
- Other job duties may be assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Strong product knowledge in the swimming pool and spa industry.
- A minimum of 2 years of inside sales associate experience.
- Solid understanding of effective selling techniques with proven success meeting sales goals and growing sales.
- Demonstrated ability to handle difficult customers and situations.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must be 18 years of age or older to apply.
POOLCORP is a drug-free company and an EOE, M/F/V/D.