Stein Mart is a national off-price retailer offering designer and name-brand fashion apparel, home décor, accessories, and shoes at everyday discount prices. Stein Mart provides real value that customers love in over 280 stores across the United States and online. Apply today and join the team!
At Stein Mart, our purpose is to inspire our customers to look and feel special while saving money. Six values support our purpose, guide our behavior and smartly move us along our path to accomplishing our goals. Embracing this purpose and demonstrating these values will bring out the best in us every day and our customers will feel special every time they interact with us.
We are welcoming, friendly and look for ways to make you feel special
We are accountable for our actions and challenge ourselves to proactively improve
We move with speed and purpose to achieve success
We are kind and concerned for the well-being of every person
We are empowered to be innovative and resourceful
We make things easy for people to shop and work with us
- Role model company values.
- Assist store in meeting or exceeding sales objectives.
- Assist store in meeting or exceeding credit card acquisition goals.
- Provide exceptional customer service.
- Run registers/POS terminals and checkout processes.
- Provide a clean and well-maintained store.
- Maintain a safe and secure work area.
- Ensure merchandise and store standards are followed.
- Look for ways to proactively assist fellow team members.
- Package online orders (Ship from Stores).
- Follow Company policies and procedures to control inventory.
- Receive and check in merchandise.
- Assist in minimizing loss of company assets.
- Perform all other tasks as assigned by a manager.
Education and Experience
- High school graduate or equivalent (GED) preferred. Basic literacy and numerical skills: demonstrated abilities to read, write, and count. Prior retail or customer service experience. 1-year applicable retail/customer service work experience is a plus.
- Moderate physical effort required. Standing and walking will constitute 95% of a work shift. Stooping and lifting various merchandise contents of up to 30 lbs. on an as needed basis. Ability to identify colors.
- Demonstrated expertise in merchandising skills, numeric reasoning to include proficiency in: adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing, and calculating percentages. Computer knowledge and experience in a Microsoft Suite environment for email and to navigate the internet.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate verbally. Should exhibit a strong customer centered focus and interest in working with people. Willingness to interact and cooperate in working with others. Detail oriented. Takes initiative, follows-through and completes tasks. Ability to work a flexible work schedule, including some nights and weekends.