Apex Systems has an immediate Customer Service Engineer opportunity supporting a global communications client while sitting onsite with the client in Wilmington, DE. The Customer Service Engineer will join a highly collaborative and technical team to support key projects, perform system maintenance, reconfiguration, and enhancement for a large complex installed system. Please see below for specific skill sets and responsibilities. If you, or someone you know may be interested, please forward an updated resume to Carmen Aikins at email@example.com
Duration/Compensation: Contract to hire, $70,000-80,000/year (comparable w2 hourly rate initially)
Required Experience of Customer Service Engineer:
- Support critical system on site requiring troubleshooting various software applications, network equipment, and field communications. Timely communication and reporting on troubleshooting activities and resolutions.
- Ensure Critical System’s stability.
- Perform database, application, environment, and network configurations and re-configurations.
- Assist with software testing and documentation.
- Implementing changes and upgrades to complex systems.
- Integrating systems with complex external systems operated by external companies or agencies.
- Handle documentation for procedures, training and enhancements.
- Perform software development.
- Support and take ownership of on-site releases which may require off hours maintenance
- Timely reporting and follow-through
- Maintaining and improving user acceptance of the system
- Track user issues and follow through to completion
- Analyzing performance of complex systems.
- Analyzing and Managing customer requirements.
- Design new elements or changes in scope of project.
- Take responsibility for systems integration and testing of SW projects.
- Follow and enforce engineering guidelines set in software development plan.
Desired Skills of Customer Service Engineer:
- Experience working with system integration and troubleshooting of hardware/ software and networking systems.
- Experience with system integration and integration testing is required.
- Experience with field integration and network troubleshooting.
- Experience working with users and understanding user needs and requirements.
- Experience and proficiency in applying software development processes and procedures within a software development project framework.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178