DescriptionAs part of the Timberlake leadership team, the Customer Service Manager has overall responsibility for the direction and operations of the shared Customer Service Center that supports Timberlake, the HME division of Sutter Care at Home. Defines and plans the achievement of goals and objectives across all functions represented in the customer service department, ensures coordination with service delivery teams and manages client and internal/external customer relationships.
The Customer Service Manager provides direct supervision to the Customer Service team to ensure that all customer calls and inquiries are addressed in a timely, courteous, and effective manner. The Customer Service Manager works closely with staff to ensure all department deliverables are met and maintained as it relates to customer satisfaction, referrals, and call transfer rates. Drives the success of a high-performing department by helping to create, champion and drive the long-term goals of Timberlake. Identifies opportunities for improvement and partnering with other teams to implement specific interventions. Delivers an organization process for Timberlake and will be accountable for leading a team to implement programs and tools in support of building a high performance culture via the assigned process (e.g. performance measurement, people development, client relationship management, etc.).
Bachelor's Required or equivalent education/experience.
• 3-5 years management experience directing customer service teams and/or office support staff required.
• Proven track record of managing client relationships while maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction required.
• Success in implementing continuous improvement processes required.
• Prior experience working in HME or Healthcare related environment strongly preferred.
Skills and Knowledge
• Knowledge and understanding of HME and/or healthcare environments and best practices
• Knowledge of insurance guidelines, including Medicare, MediCal, and HMO’s
• Knowledge of customer service operations and best practices
• Ability to manage priorities to ensure timely and cost-efficient delivery of services
• Ability to analyze client needs through soliciting, evaluating, problem-solving and acting upon client feedback
• Ability to research and resolve complex issues in a reasonable timeframe
• Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with internal and external clients
• Ability to operate effectively in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent project management, planning and forecasting skills
• Demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to provide constructive feedback to team members to support continuous improvement
• Ability to set and achieve performance goals and objectives
• Computer skills, including spreadsheet, word processing, presentation, database applications (Microsoft Office preferred)
• Ability to identify concerns before they become problems, and to propose solutions to the concerns
• Ability to communicate ideas both orally and written to influence others using on-on-one contact, formal presentations, and group discussions
• Strong listening skills and ability to coach employees to achieve positive behavioral changes
• Ability to drive and maintain employee engagement
• Ability to manage employee performance to achieve department goals and objectives
• Ability to continuously develop people (e.g. ongoing training, repurposing)
• Ability to understand and adjust to changing priorities, circumstances, direction, and personal styles
• Requires the ability to work with and maintain confidential information