The Customer Service Manager will lead, manage and develop service and pricing operations and team members and execute best practices to maximize sales and profitability. This position will increase customer confidence and loyalty to the company by promoting consistent operating conditions, courteous and prompt service and a friendly atmosphere.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Proven experience in a BI-LO Winn-Dixie department manager or leadership development position; or one (1) year management or supervisory experience in supermarkets, retail, restaurants, hotels or general business
- Possession of Food Safety Certification or the ability to obtain same within 180 days of placement.
- Compliance with all company policies and procedures
- Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently.
- Ability to understand and follow English instructions.
- Authorization to work in the United States or the ability to obtain the same.
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug testing and background check.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field; or equivalent experience.
- Proven experience in a leadership role in all three areas of the BI-LO Winn-Dixie store (service, fresh & center store); or two (2) years proven leadership in a supermarket.
- Proficient with computer applications used in effectively operating the department.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal, motivational and communication skills.
- Execute the company vision and expectations through example, management and measurement of performance of department team members.
- Perform manager on duty (MOD) duties when assigned; ensure the entire store team is productive and the total store meets standards.
- Empower teams to deliver a great shopping experience.
- Ensure the total store team is delivering an exceptional customer experience.
- Demonstrate and role model exceptional customer service exceeding customer expectations; ensure team members greet, assist, provide efficient service and thank customers in a prompt, courteous, friendly and business-like manner in order to promote the company image as a service-oriented operation.
- Recruit, interview and hire the best-qualified applicants through pro-active and consistent recruitment techniques, within company established compensation guidelines; ensure new team members receive proper orientation and training.
- Manage, develop, evaluate and retain a team of direct and indirect reports in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Conduct orientation sessions to support the delivery of operational information, job-specific requirements, performance standards, human resources programs and policies, as well as pertinent safety program guidelines for new team members.
- Oversee and ensure prompt, efficient and accurate check-out of customers.
- Address customer issues/complaints and resolve to full satisfaction of customer, within company guidelines while maintaining composure and professionalism.
- Manage inventory, in-stock position, merchandising, labor, security, expense control and other operational processes to company standards.
- Ensure the front end, exterior and parking lot is well maintained and meets or exceeds company standards for appearance.
- Ensure company standards for pricing integrity are maintained, including shelf labels and signs are correct and maintained in all departments including price changes, advertised items, etc.
- Ensure company standards for safety, proper food handling practices, sanitation and productivity are maintained.
- Ensure adherence to alcohol and tobacco products “sales-to-minors,” anti-money laundering policy, WIC and other federal and state regulated activities/programs.
- Evaluate department conditions and operations to determine strengths and areas for improvement; reinforce strengths while developing and implementing improved practices and procedures.
- Manage operations and security of company assets including all cash office procedures.
- Understand, implement and manage the utilization of self-checkout registers (where applicable).
- Develop and maintain a positive image in the community by participating and partnering in community events.
- Attend and participate in weekly meetings to discuss departments’ progress, financial results, recommendations and training enhancements.
- Staff and schedule department team members within staffing plan and budget.
- Ensure adherence to wage and hour policies and regulations.
- Ensure all policies and programs are communicated and executed in a positive and timely manner.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.