To strengthen and enhance the customer base by implementing sound marketing and customer service principles to sell ATS Vans service to potential customers and serve as liaison between the customer and ATS operations staff.
- Friday: 6am-4pm
- Saturday: 6am-5pm
- Sunday: 6am-5pm
- Monday: 6am-4pm
Education and Experience
- A good understanding of marketing, sales, and customer service principles, and a strong working knowledge of van freight and specialized equipment usually gained through 1 - 2 years of training in related area and/or equivalent related experience.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication, analytical, customer relations, sales, and negotiation skills, general knowledge of U.S. geography and basic map-reading skills
- Be able to operate basic office machines including telephone, 10-key, CRT, and personal computer.
- Must be self-motivated, able to multi-task and work independently.
- Must be a team player, amenable to a variety of work projects.
- Must be analytical with the ability to apply data.
- Must be proficient in responding to internal and external customer situations, responding to customer needs as required.
- Must be able to both think creatively and provide creative contributions to projects.
- Must be able to demonstrate a proactive commitment to ATS corporate values and the success of all staff
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Sells ATS service to potential customers.
- Contacts existing or inactive customers to sell ATS service to them through inside sales efforts (i.e., telemarketing, written correspondence).
- Qualifies new customers by matching ATS and customer needs (geographics, products, objectives, etc.).
- Enters and records all terms and conditions of sales/loads (i.e., load specifications, negotiated rates, dates) in the computer system.
- Provides professional, courteous customer service by serving as liaison between customer and ATS operations.
- Communicates with the regional account manager to assess and distribute current information on the development and needs of customers.
- Communicates with dispatchers to provide information on the current service needs of customers.
- Obtains credit approval on customers' loads by verifying current credit status and working with the credit department as needed.
- Communicates with customers and ATS personnel to answer questions, and investigate/resolve problems as needed.
- Primary weekend (Saturday and Sunday) tasks include: tracking and tracing, answering questions, problem resolution and creating solutions.
- Serves as back-up to the Vans Pricing Coordinator.
- Meets all company and department objectives and deadlines.
- Follows all company and department policies and procedures.
- Completes all duties in accordance with sound marketing and customer service principles.
- Works within budget that is set for the department
- In support of ATS’s culture, all employees are expected to consistently, effectively and reliably perform in accordance with the Company’s values as set forth in our core competencies and behaviors (All Employee Competencies and Manager Competencies).
- Position may require work responsibilities outside of normal business hours and infrequent travel may be required.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.