The Broker Trainee operates as a team member to support clients and customer service reps. The candidate would be providing excellent customer service to customers via email and on the phone in matters dealing with account related questions and trading. Strong Customer Service, Relationship Building and Communication are essential in this role. The ideal candidate will have 1-2 years experience with proven experience in a Customer Service or Financial Brokerage Services industry. The position performs the following functions.
* Directly responsible for placing trades for customers over the telephone using desktop trading products.
* Provide assistance to online customers by answering phone calls and responding to emails and Live Chats.
* Resolving complex customer trading issues.
* Work with margin accounts and review buying power as well as maintenance levels.
* Assist customers with complex Option trades, and other advanced orders.
* Troubleshoot basic technical problems for website and also mobile platforms.
* Process information associated with clients account, research more complex issues to correct/minimize problems.
* Provide excellent customer service in a professional manner.
* Understand, comply, maintain and reinforce regulatory and firm policies and procedures/guidelines.
* Proven expertise and in Microsoft Desktop Operations systems (Windows 7, WindowsXP, Apple Mac OS X).
* FINRA Series 7 & 63 is not required initially; however, willingness to obtain within 3-4 months is required.
* Ability to communicate effectively over the telephone/email and establish credibility and trust with a variety of clients.
* 1-2 years of prior customer service, call center, operations or financial services related experience.
* Solid understanding and exposure to financial service/trading industry.
* Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point) and Internet
* Ability to work independently and with a team to handle all issues while working under strict time constraints and in a fast paced high-pressure environment.
* Detail and results oriented and able to prioritize tasks in a multi-task environment.
* Experience in leveraging organizational skills to support client needs, focusing on execution, accuracy and efficiency.
* Experience processing client service requests a full service retail brokerage environment.
* Strong communicator who can effectively process constructive feedback. Excellent oral and written communication and strong desire to provide an exceptional customer experience.
* Able to exercise independent thought and judgment and adapt to new tasks with little notice.
* Must be confident and credible over the phone and in person.
* Solid interpersonal skills are required.
* Bachelors Degree or equivalent business experience.
Ally Financial Inc. (NYSE: ALLY) is a leading digital financial services company and a top 25 U.S. financial holding company offering financial products for consumers, businesses, automotive dealers and corporate clients. Ally's legacy dates back to 1919, and the company was redesigned in 2009 with a distinctive brand, innovative approach and relentless focus on its customers. Ally has an award-winning online bank (member FDIC), one of the largest full service auto finance operations in the country, a complementary auto-focused insurance business, a growing digital wealth management and online brokerage platform, and a trusted corporate finance business offering capital for equity sponsors and middle-market companies.
Business Unit/Enterprise Function
Ally Invest, launched in May 2017, is the brokerage and wealth management offering from Ally. The offerings consist of a trading platform for self-directed investors, as well as a suite of automatically managed investment portfolios. The Ally Invest team is responsible for ensuring the technology and service of the platform with a focus on award winning customer service and outstanding user experience.
Total Rewards Information
Ally's compensation program offers market-competitive base pay and bonus pay potential based on achieving personal and company goals. Plus, we have a flexible paid time-off program with an emphasis on work-life balance.
Ally offers a variety of benefits to protect your health and well-being, provide financial security and balance your work-life needs including:
* Industry-leading 401K Retirement Savings Plan including Matching and Company Contributions
* Comprehensive wellness program with financial incentives designed to help you achieve your best health
* Flexible health insurance options including dental and vision
* Pre-tax Health Savings Account with generous employer contributions
* Pre-tax dependent care and commuter benefits
* Other work-life integration benefits including Paid Parental & Caregiver Leave, Adoption Assistance, Back-up Child & Adult/Elder Care, Child Care Discounts, Tuition Reimbursement, LifeMatters Employee Assistance Program, Weight Watchers and other employee discount programs
Ally is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We extend equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic disposition or any other reason protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled