More than 30 years ago, E*TRADE pioneered the online brokerage industry by executing the first-ever electronic individual investor trade. While the landscape of our industry has changed dramatically, our culture of innovation and drive to make online trading accessible to everyone continues to drive us forward. We believe in challenging the status quo, fostering an environment of curiosity and learning, and, above all, putting our customers first.
This position utilizes excellent customer service and problem solving skills to confidently provide information and education to E*TRADE FINANCIAL’s customers in a timely, efficient, professional manner; provides clear and accurate responses to customer inquiries; appropriately researches and resolves problems relating to customer accounts and inquiries; meets established performance expectations; develops a comprehensive operational understanding of the financial services industry; proactively learns and remains up-to-date with the Company’s products and services.
- Interact with customers and associates on an advanced level under the general direction of a Customer Service Supervisor.
- The primary focus of this position is to respond to complicated and challenging issues dealing with advanced product knowledge, information and services within a defined specialty.
- Provide detailed analysis, research, and responses to customers and associates within defined areas of expertise.
- In addition, to manage a specialty function within Customer Service and provide support to both customers and associates.
- Finally this position may provide high touch service to customers in various segments.
Essential Job Functions
- E*TRADE has defined core values of Customer Focus, Agility, Reliability and E*Innovation.
- Each associate is expected to carry out their duties with attention and adherence to these core values.
- Customer interaction on a daily basis
- Respond and research inquiries within area of expertise
- Manage specialty function relative to a specific area of the business
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues relating to advanced/ specialized products and services
- Provide support and training to the associates base
- Assist the department in responding to customer inquiries related to an advanced product and/or a specialty area
Other Position Responsibilities
- Assisting in outbound customer contact regarding advanced product information
- Handling customer inbound calls
- Involvement in departmental training activities
- May interact with a wide variety of associates and departments regularly in the process of problem resolution
- Performs secondary duties as defined by Supervisor within their area of specialty
- Series 7 and 63 Preferred; or, completed within first 90 days of hire
- Education or training equivalent to BA/BS
- Aspect status – Expert - Ability to act calm and with professionalism in a volatile business environment with minimal supervision
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of E*TRADE policies and procedures
- Complete mastery of Customer Service Associate Level 1 and 2
- Ability to work flexible shift assignments and additional hours as required when business needs dictate
- Exceptional experience, knowledge and skill level in a defined area of expertise
- Outstanding problem resolution, troubleshooting and training skills
- Demonstrated high level of quality inquiries a day
- Complete understanding of the securities industry, including equity and option trading, and a thorough understanding of advanced product information
- Positive and professional customer service attitude and work ethic
We offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Please visit https://www.etradecareers.com/why-work-at-etrade/employee-benefits/ to learn more about the opportunities.
E*TRADE Financial Holdings, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer who encourages diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.