Manages and builds the relationship with the clients at the site level while maintaining a working knowledge of the overall performance of the operation. Responsible for the optimal preparation, administrative follow-up and securing of the inbound, picking, packing, VAL and outbound process and the communication about these with the clients and internal stakeholders while meeting the client’s SOP. This includes overseeing the work and output of any Team Leaders in the department. The Manager will be the escalation point to resolve any client requests or complaints in the event they are not able to be handled by the representatives in the department. Additionally, the Manager is expected to become a subject matter expert, both on Company’s specific product offerings and processes, as well as on the industry in general.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Becomes familiar with clients, including key contacts, unique requirements and operating processes
- Deploys and improves existing policies and procedures by effectively managing and guiding supervisors and customer service representatives.
- Works with the Operations Manager to ensure the operation is meeting targeted service levels such as but not limited to
- Spot Quotes
- Booking Capture
- Shipment Monitoring
- Billing Issue Resolution
- Service Metric Monitoring
- Data Entry
- Works with site leaders to ensure the operation is meeting all KPI targets.
- Responsible for the highest priority escalation phone calls, especially those requiring the coordination of multiple teams and departments.
- Conducts staff meetings to review daily/weekly work activities, plan and assure continuous improvement.
- Provides guidance to staff and assigns task to Customer Service staff.
- Fosters career development, best practices and optimal morale in the organization.
- Relays consistent issues to the General Manager in a timely and efficient matter.
- Monitoring of changes in the logistics processes and interfering in case of disruptions, including communication with clients and other stakeholders in case of disruptions and changes.
- Coordination between CS team and other internal teams.
- Calculation of production costs and providing input for invoice creation.
- Provides input for annual budget to General Manager.
- Setup and maintenance of process flows and working instructions, for example as a result of new customer implementations or revised customer agreements.
- Continuous improvement of processes and services provided by the Company
- Maintaining internal and external communication with regard but not limited to: escalations, customer visits, specific customer needs, complaint handling and registration, status updates, cycle counting, quality topics and commercial topics.
- Managing exceptional operational customer challenges/requests (for example large volume changes)
- Organizing Operational Review Meetings and Business Review Meetings with key customers.
- Participates in contract discussions/negotiations.
- Supervises execution from qualitative and quantative perspective and initiates corrective actions when needed.
- Coordinates staffing of CS department
- Performing of staff performance review meetings
- Performs other duties as required.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES (IF ANY)
- Leads, develops, and coaches team of 10-15 employees