Customer Service Representative
If you like to work with people in a family atmosphere, enjoy great benefits and provide unequaled personal service to every customer, consider a career with Bell Bank.
Founded in 1966 in Fargo, North Dakota, Bell Bank has grown to become one of the nation’s largest independently owned banks, with more than $6 billion in assets and full-service banking locations in Arizona, North Dakota and Minnesota. Bell has empowered more than $14 million in charitable giving through its unique Pay It Forward initiative, through which every employee chooses each year how to help individuals, families and organizations in need.
Bell Bank has been recognized as a top bank and a top financial workplace by American Banker, Forbes, Fortune and the Minneapolis StarTribune.
If you want to work for a strong, growing, forward-looking organization with world-class employees, this is the place for you.
As stewards, dedicated to the growth and reputation of this independently owned organization, we are committed to:
* Promoting and sustaining our family atmosphere.
* Providing unequaled personal service to each and every customer.
* “Paying it forward” by giving back to the communities we serve.
Our Bottom Line:
Happy Employees! Happy Customers!
This position represents Bell Bank to the customers in a courteous and professional manner, providing prompt, efficient, and accurate service in the processing of transactions in accordance with established policies and procedures.
Customer Service Functions:
* Counsel customers regarding financial matters, advising them on products and rates, suggesting a strategy to obtain the best results based on individual desires and resources.
* Resolve customer problems, obtaining information, researching records and following up on details to resolve the matter to the customer’s satisfaction, whenever possible.
* Sell bank products and services through personal contact and direct mail including; checking, savings, certificate of deposits, individual retirement accounts, and other retail banking services.
* Open business and personal accounts, preparing all permanent records.
* Continue to enhance cross-selling skills and techniques.
* Cross-sell all products and services to new customers.
* Actively refer customers to other departments when applicable.
* Compliance and Regulatory Guidelines:
* Establish and negotiate, within the framework of the Bank’s policies.
* Security / Fraud:
* Ensure branch building, grounds and equipment are properly maintained.
* Attend all mandatory security training sessions.
* Branch Collections / Technical Exceptions:
* Work your deposit delinquency accounts daily.
* Work your technical exceptions on a weekly basis.
* Accurately complete teller transactions in accordance with established policies and procedures.
* Greet customers courteously and refer them to the appropriate area or individual.
* Keep till, teller line, and customer areas neat and orderly at all times.
* Develop new business by referring new or additional services to existing customers and prospects.
* Answer phone promptly and courteously, taking messages as necessary.
* Be knowledgeable of check and credit card fraud schemes.
* Maintain security and confidentiality of the bank at all times.
* Admit customers to safe deposit boxes.
* Be knowledgeable of the various Bank Secrecy Act requirements that apply to the teller transactions. (CTRs, Monetary Instrument Log, OFAC, etc.)
* Volunteer for at least one Bell Bank event per year.
* Volunteer for at least one CEP per year.
* Know by name and face as many customers and employees as possible, calling them by name as often as possible.
* Know, understand, and live the company values and bottom line.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Job Skills Required:
* 1 year of Cash Handling experience preferred
* Basic bookkeeping, calculator, and computer skills.
* Good communication, listening, and social skills.
* Ability to prioritize tasks and stay poised under pressure.
* Ability to work flexible hours to include evenings and Saturdays as scheduled.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Family | Atmosphere | Unequaled Personal Service | Pay It Forward
Customer Service Representative (General)