Chestnut Health Systems is a leading provider of behavioral and primary health care services. Over four decades, Chestnut has grown to over 700 committed, compassionate employees providing substance use, mental health and primary care treatment to patients in Central and Southern Illinois. We provide fully integrated care for all of our patients by combining behavioral health care services with our community-based primary care health centers. Chestnut also conducts research and training throughout the U.S.A.
Chestnut Health Systems is seeking a full-time Customer Service Representative for our Granite City, IL facility, servicing the Metro East and St. Louis, MO areas.
**Please note to be considered for a position you must attach a resume, complete the application, and answer all screening questions.
- Provide excellent customer service, promoting Chestnut’s culture of customer service excellence through the adherence to Chestnut’s behavioral standards for customer service.
- Greet customers, direct them to the desired destination, answer phones, route calls, etc.
- Conduct client interviews in person or by phone for the purpose of completing demographic, financial, and other information needed to establish the payer and payer plan for billing.
- Assist clients with providing information about fees and obtain financial information and copy ID and insurance cards necessary to establish a fee for service with consumers.
- Discuss waivers, fee agreements, payments plans, etc. with the client as necessary.
- Describe and explain forms required to complete an admission to the client, and obtain client electronic signatures.
- Review the EMR for follow up appointments scheduled, updating any needed information, ensuring the completion of mandatory documentation; i.e. consents, disclosures, and obtain client signatures as necessary to complete any missing documents.
- Access approved websites and software packages to verify current payer eligibility for each scheduled appointment, and monthly for the community based clients, updating the EMR as necessary. Communicate with insurance companies for preauthorization and eligibility information.
- Receive and record payments following prescribed procedures in the EMR Lock Box.
- Schedule clinical appointments as necessary and assist in maintaining staff schedules by entering and updating information in the scheduler.
- Update the scheduler with information required for tracking, kept, un-kept, or cancelled clinical appointments, and communicate with the clinical staff regarding their appointment arrival or changes to their schedule.
- Discuss the Physical Health Assessment with all new clients and direct clients to the kiosk for completion online, or provide paper copy for completion as appropriate. Arrange assistance for clients with kiosk login and any problems they might have with completion on-line.
- Scan and attach documentation to the client EMR as necessary.
- Participate in ongoing trainings and/or meetings to stay abreast of changing policies/procedures and any funding or licensure/certification regulations that would apply.
- Operate a variety of office equipment including copier/printers, scanners, and fax.
- Maintain a clean, well-organized, and orderly work area to assist staff working all shifts.
- Work together as a team when working through tasks with other staff. Provide back up to your team as needed and requested.
- Promote the recovery model of treatment by showing respect and courtesy at all times when interacting with customers to provide a safe and welcoming environment.
- Maintain and protect confidentiality and security of all organizational information gained in the course of performing job responsibilities including, but not limited to, financial and client information.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Position requires a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Strong customer service background and excellent telephone skills required.
- Knowledge of insurance policies and experience using an electronic health record with scheduling software desired.
- General knowledge of standard office procedures and use of office equipment (i.e., filing, basic word processing, and ability to operate copier, fax, and scanning equipment) required.
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills, attention to detail, and discretion with HIPAA and other confidential information required.
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must be comfortable discussing financial information with clients and demonstrate the ability to communicate clearly and professionally with a diverse population.
- Basic keyboarding skills and experience using Microsoft products including Word, Excel, and Outlook required.
- Must be able to commute to various Chestnut locations to perform assigned duties.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, private automobile insurance and be insurable.
- Satisfactory completion of Chestnut's background checking process.
This full-time position includes an excellent compensation and benefits package including health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan with company match, generous paid time off benefits, and more.
***For additional information and inquiries text "Chestnut" to 97211
Chestnut welcomes applications from qualified individuals with recovery experience.
EOE – Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled