The Call Center Representative is responsible for answering incoming phone calls, providing quality customer service and support to customers, including phone interaction, problem resolution and account transaction processing. The Customer Service Representative investigates and corrects errors in customer accounts and statements and aides in the resolution of complicated customer complaints.
- Effectively communicates and assists both internal and external customers in a professional manner, identify their needs, providing information, and resolving complex issues via telephone and electronic means.
- Performs a variety of transactions for customers, including teller transactions, processing of checking and savings account withdrawals and balancing duties.
- Seeks opportunities to develop customer relationships and resolution to a variety of customer maintenance requests and inquires (i.e. address change, stop payments, research requests, etc.).
- Utilizes effective listening skills to determine the customer's needs and assist in selecting the appropriate products and services to offer; utilizes sales techniques to uncover customer hidden needs to match to the bank’s products and services.
- Identifies and assists with the migration of customer transactions to alternative delivery channels.
- Builds a positive rapport with a diversity of personality types, maintaining a professional attitude and a positive manner.
- Maintains effective knowledge of Bank's products and services. Effectively use available resources for problem resolution, which may involve analysis of complex information.
- Assist customers with basic computer/mobile device support.
- Actively works with supervisor to meet/exceed all individual/team performance goals.
- Protects customer information by following department security guidelines and procedures.
- Complies with all applicable regulatory and department practices and procedures.
- Performs related and unrelated duties as may be required.
- Represents the Bank by participating in various community activities.
High school diploma required; some college highly preferred. 2+ years’ experience in customer service preferably in banking, financial services and/or inbound call center experience. Must possess at least intermediate technology, fluency in Windows Operating Systems and Microsoft Office tools. Strong computer skills including familiarity with multiple browsers, multiple tabs and multiple window navigation required. Must be self-motivated and work well in a team environment. Requires a high energy level and strong sense of urgency, excellent communication, customer service, telephone etiquette and grammar. Must beable to respond to high volume telephone inquiries, work extended hours, weekends and some holidays. Must be able to sit for extended periods of time. Bilingual candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Middlesex Savings Bank is an EOE/AA Employer: Mon/Fem/Vet/Disabled
Search Firm Representatives, Please Read Carefully: Middlesex Savings Bank does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms for this or any employment opportunity.