Since 1985, Mitchell MCN has been a premier provider of medical judgment services, addressing injury and disability claims for thousands of clients. We have regional offices that service all 50 states and have a network of more than 20,000 evaluating consultants to perform independent medical evaluations. Check us out at www.mcn.com and read our blog at www.mcntalk.com
Mitchell MCN is a part of Mitchell International, Inc. Mitchell International, Inc. is a leading provider of information and workflow solutions to the Property & Casualty Claims Industry and their supply chain partners. We solve interesting and complex problems that directly affect the customers our clients serve. We are constantly adapting to stay on the forefront of emerging technologies and we work diligently to maintain our position as a thought leader within our industry.
Mitchell MCN is looking for a Customer Service Representative for our New York Team (but located in Naperville). For this job to be done well, we need someone with solid computer skills, outstanding customer service, and comfort using the telephone.
Some things you will be doing are:
- Screen incoming review requests for completeness of materials required to conduct the review of the case
- Prepare, organize, distribute and present records, materials and forms required for a complete case review packet for providers
- Identify appropriate providers for case review or examination assignment including: determine their availability for a review or examination assignment and obtain information for delivery of the case to the provider if applicable
- Contact clients to resolve questions, obtain information, records and/or materials needed for a case review and resolve issues about active cases
- Respond to providers requests for additional information/materials necessary for a review and notify clients and other internal departments of these needs, as applicable
- Coordinate and record phone consultations between practitioners/providers/facilities that are party to a review case
- Respond to inquiries from clients, other entities referring cases for review or examination and practitioners/providers/facilities
- Support all Quality Management initiatives
- Actively participate in the Complaint Process and Provider Relations assessment process
- Support all Compliance Program activities
- Maintain or exceed a monthly production average each eight hour shift
- Maintain or exceed a monthly quality average of 98%
- Provide backup support to staff in other areas as needed
- Participate in all company meetings and committees when requested and/or as needed
- Participate in the “on-call” rotation coverage for weekend/holiday/ after hours client needs on a voluntary basis
- Maintain a flexible schedule to meet client needs
- Complete other duties and responsibilities as directed
Compensation Range: $15-16/hr.
- 0-2 years of relevant experience
- Bachelor's Degree is preferred
- Ability to juggle several high priority tasks at once
- Experience using Microsoft Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel)
Mitchell International, an equal opportunity employer, values the diversity of our workforce and the knowledge of our people. Mitchell will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, age, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.