Customer Service Representative
JCC of San Francisco
3200 California St
San Francisco, CA 94118
The Customer Service Representative provides courteous and professional customer service to the community by demonstrating a strong knowledge of programs and events offered at the JCCSF and assisting visitors with all aspects of their experience.
- Greet members and guests and provide excellent customer service.
- Provide excellent internal customer service to staff.
- Be knowledgeable about JCCSF programs, answer questions and direct inquiries to appropriate resources.
- Provide class and program registration services for walk-in, telephone email and mail-in registrations.
- Accurately complete multi-step program registrations.
- Handle the fitness check-in process.
- Assist members and guests with the purchase of retail items and club services.
- Assist in Community Membership sales.
- Actively assist with account services. Respond to member inquiries and take appropriate action.
- Monitor front lobby activity and maintain a sense of control and security.
- Follow JCCSF safety and security standards.
- Manage the lost and found process.
- Maintain appearance of front desk areas.
- Customer service experience and a "can do" attitude are essential.
- Administrative skills including strong computer proficiency and multi-line phone experience.
- Ability to prioritize work in a highly social environment, and focus on the customer.
- Excellent interpersonal skills: great attitude, warm, friendly and flexible.
- Ability to receive feedback, adapt to change, and communicate challenges in a timely manner.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to continually learn and apply previous experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively and cooperatively with a diverse group of people.
- Must have or be able to obtain CPR/AED and First Aid certifications.
STATUS: Benefited, non-exempt collective bargaining unit position.
CLASSIFICATION: Administrative 1
HOURS: 29-37 hours per week
SCHEDULE: 4-5 nights week, Saturday-Sunday shifts required
The JCCSF is the longest-serving Jewish community center on the West Coast, providing educational, social, cultural and recreational programs to the entire Bay Area since 1877. Open to people of all ages, all faiths and all backgrounds, the JCCSF provides quality experiences through a mix of formal and informal activities. The JCCSF is located at 3200 California Street (at Presidio) and welcomes more than 4,500 visitors through its doors daily.