Customer Service, Travel Concierge
SYKES is looking for full-time Customer Service Representatives in DeLand, FL. Our team members take pride in helping people one caring interaction at a time. Every time a SYKES customer care professional takes a call they have a chance to help someone answer a question, solve a problem, or find something they need. Helping others, we find meaning in our jobs, while working in a fun environment with team mates who become friends.
Our clients are leaders in technology, finance, communications, health care, travel and retail. Serving clients in diverse fields, our customer care professionals learn about, and then solve problems, in some of the most exciting and growing industries in today’s economy.
With supportive, caring leadership, our team members enjoy ongoing career development. More than 90% of our open positions are filled by promotions from within. Many people at SYKES say they came for a job, but have stayed for a career. “I feel I have finally found a real path, a job that is not only an amazing opportunity, but I place where I can grow and call home. I’ve found a career,” said Toni M.
You Should Possess:
- Fluency and comprehension in the language requirements for the specific point of sale (spoken and written), as verified by an Expedia-approved formal test
- Verbal communication skills: strong spoken grammar; able to ask appropriate questions and demonstrate empathy in tone; can communicate with appropriate sense of urgency
- Listening skills: active listening; able to appreciate the context of the customer's experience
- Written skills: excellent grammar, spelling, sentence structure, and attention to detail
- Spanish speaking (desirable)
- Passion for, and experience with travel
- Solutions mindset: First call resolution, a passion to find the right solution for the customer (i.e., consultative skills). Anticipate and proactivity offer appropriate value add services and support to enhance the customer’s trip
- Polished delivery: ability to communicate in a structured and effective manner
- Excellent time management: ability to multi-task to solve issue for customer, while managing time
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Quick learner: ability to ramp up quickly and act on feedback constructively
- Ability to multi-task while effectively communicating with travelers
- Ability to develop clientele base
- Suitability for the contact center environment as exhibited through either job experience or a clear understanding of the job requirements.
- Typing 35 wpm as verified by a formal test
- Strong knowledge of US and world geography
- ISP skills: sign-up, install, connection, messaging (chat, e-mail), navigation, online support, etc.
- Proficiency in a multi-system environment
- Basic internet and web-based application skills
- High school degree or equivalent (required)
- College degree (preferred)
- Minimum 1 year of call center or customer service experience, verifiable through reference checks or interview notes to be made available to Expedia for review or audit
- At least 3 years of travel experience (preferred)
- GDS experience for Service Agents (desirable)
- $12.00 hourly rate
- Health benefits
- Performance incentives
- Paid training
- Career advancement opportunities
- Fun team environment
- And more!
SYKES is a leader in the customer contact industry with a passion for quality, a knack for teamwork and the vision for leading the transformation of customer care in the digital, call center and self-service sector. For 30 years SYKES has delivered excellent service to Fortune 500 companies worldwide, with 50,000 employees located across the globe, we invite you to come be a part of something great.
You probably have friends or family who might also be interested, so please feel free to send them the link to this job opportunity!