Job Summary: Receives and processes orders for the all products, prepares related correspondence, and coordinates with other departments as required. Acts as the customer contact regarding pricing, scheduling, and shipping and is directly responsible for customer satisfaction in response time and communication. Oversees Customer Service order desk activities, and performs other projects or functions as assigned by Next-In-Line Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops working relationship with client purchasing departments.
- Receives and processes telephone, FAX and E-mail requests from domestic and international customers for price quotations, purchase orders, order changes, adjustments and cancellations.
- Using computer, retrieves customer information, stock status information, the status of purchase orders, etc., and informs customers via telephone, FAX, or e-mail, of unit prices, shipping dates, anticipated delays, and any additional information that may be required.
- Prepares purchase orders, calculates order quantities and dollar amounts, and enters information into computerized system. Prepares and distributes invoices and shipping documents as appropriate to internal departments and to customer.
- Relays communications between customer and all levels of ECT to ensure the efficient production and delivery of products and services as specified.
- Responds to all RFQ’s and interfaces with regional sales manager or applications engineering as appropriate to submit a timely quote.
- Monitors status of blanket purchase orders from clients.
- Communicates future sales opportunities to regional sales manager.
- Processes credit memos.
- Processes RMA's and provides replacement parts to customers when necessary.
- May prepare shipping documents for special request shipments of literature, exhibition equipment, software, etc., by other internal departments.
- Assures efficient and economical utilization of materials, improvement of methods, and elimination of wasteful practices within the department.
Education and/or Experience:
High school education. Good keyboard skills regarding typewriter and calculator. Computer literate. Proficiency in Excel as well as other Microsoft Office programs is a must. Analytical ability. Well organized.
Two to three years customer service order desk experience preferred. A demonstrated ability to deal with customers. A good knowledge of export regulations plus experience processing shipping documents and other related paperwork is required for the international desk.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively to customers and vendors. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situation to customers, and other employees of the organization.
- Any second language proficiency is a benefit but not required.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situation.
- Ability to get along well with co-workers, customers, vendors, and other work-related associates.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; talk or hear; reach with hands and arms; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with the position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current position, management reserves the right to revise the position or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (e.g., emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs, or technological developments.)
This employer does not participate in providing visa sponsorship for employment
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or veteran status.
Cohu, Inc. is a U.S. based, publicly traded Nasdaq company (COHU) with corporate headquarters in Southern California (in Poway in the Greater San Diego, CA area). Cohu designs, develops, manufactures, sells, installs and services semiconductor equipment for some of the world's largest semiconductor companies. Cohu is a global leader in test handling, thermal subsystems, package inspection, contactors and MEMS test solutions used by the semiconductor industry. The latest Cohu acquisition, Xcerra and its associated brands of atgLM, Multitest and ECT bring together a deep and broad expertise in test that enables innovative and cost-effective handling, contacting and measurement solutions for the electronics industry.
Within the umbrella of Cohu, Inc., Xcerra is a global provider of capital equipment, interface products, and services to the semiconductor, industrial, and electronics manufacturing industries. The Company addresses the broad, divergent requirements of the mobility, industrial, automotive and consumer end markets, offering a comprehensive portfolio of solutions and technologies, and a global network of strategically deployed applications and support resources.
Xcerra is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability status or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EEO/AA/MFVD Additional information can be found at: www.Cohu.com