The Customer Service Specialist provides best in class customer care across Valley's key channels such as via the telephone, emails, Live Chat & Social Media.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Follow bank established guidelines regarding customer service and deliver an exceptional customer experience in accordance with Valley's mission statement.
* Manage all customer issues while maintaining the highest level of professionalism, provide thoughtful prompt resolution with empathy, poise a consistent voice with the on-going goal of establishing a positive customer experience.
* Answer high volume of phone calls, respond to e-mails including various communication channels from clients regarding balances, transactions, Debit Card usage/limits, Internet Banking, and other general banking queries.
* Maintain proficient knowledge of Bank products and services and ability to educate customers on such, as well as cross sell various products and services.
* Maintain ownership of issues to resolutions and escalate unresolved issues through proper channels.
* Responsible for achieving individual sales, referral and service quality goals.
* Develop referrals from prospects calling to inquire on bank products and services.
* Provide operational support and trouble shoot issues for various digital banking products, such as Online Banking, Remote Deposit Capture, Mobile Banking, Mobile Deposit, and Mobile Wallet/Bill Pay.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Strong Customer Service Skills with the ability to engage customers in conversation regarding products and services.
* Proficient computer skills; ability to understand and utilize multiple systems, computer and databases.
* Demonstrate a working knowledge of bank products, services and policies.
* Ability to solve practical problems.
* Demonstrate a professional manner and team spirit.
* Must be self-driven with a positive outlook and have the ability to demonstrate confidence, tact, patience, and diplomacy while dealing with customers.
* Detail oriented and organized.
* High School Diploma or GED and a minimum of two years' high volume call center experience, teller or branch banking experience.
* Bilingual preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled