About the Job:
SpineCraft Develops, manufactures and distributes in the US and internationally spine surgery implants & instruments systems that provide comprehensive spine care solutions to improve and enhance quality of life for patients with back pain, neck pain, degenerative disc conditions, spine deformities and injuries due to trauma.
We are looking for an experienced, highly motivated Customer Service Specialist to join our growing team based in the greater Chicago area.This role serves as the primary contact for SpineCraft's clients and distributors both domestically and internationally.
Essential Job Duties:
- Handle incoming communications from domestic & international distributors, independent sales force, hospitals and other company clients.
- Responsible for accurately processing clients’ purchase orders (POs) and for resolving order fulfillment issues.
- Communicate directly with sales force, internal departments and clients to pursue and resolve issues related to accounts receivable and returns.
- Work with Sales, Marketing, Inventory, RA/QA, and Operations to fulfill purchase orders and to ensure that highest level of customer care is met in timely manner.
- Responsible for preparing & reconciling invoices and applying items to accounts receivable.
- Maintain accurate customer accounts information including back-orders and shipping information and special handling instructions.
- Keep up to date with back-ordered items, to assure that they ship in a timely manner.
- Communicate with shipping carriers (FedEx, UPS, DHL, etc.) to assure that shipped orders are arriving on time and assist in resolving delivery delays issues.
- Communicate feedback (concerns, questions, issues) to appropriate departments/levels within the Company.
- Process product complaints, following prescribed Complaint Handling procedures.
- Issue and follow up on Return Authorization transactions to ensure product is returned on time and items received meet the requirements of the return authorization.
- Maintain Customer Service Department records and reports, as required by Customer Service and Quality Systems policies and procedures, FDA, ISO, and other regulatory authorities.
- Maintain accurate documentation of contacts with distributors regarding disputed items and negotiated agreements regarding payment or credit.
- Work on clerical projects as needed and perform other duties, as assigned.
- Prepare or update general and/or product specific information as needed.
Qualifications and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree preferred; minimum of Associate's degree required.
- 3-5 years customer or account management experience, preferably dealing with domestic & international customers.
- Driven, self-motivated, enthusiastic and with a “can do" positive attitude.
- Strong problem solving, organizational and communication skills.
- Thorough attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain composure when handling time-sensitive tasks and multiple priorities.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills with ability to successfully communicate verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated accuracy in data entry and report generation.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, document control and other office procedures.
- Have, or be willing to learn, skills in ERP systems.
- Knowledge of the medical/surgical implant industry and hospital customer base preferred.
- Must have the ability to work flexible hours if required to support the business needs.
SpineCraft offers a generous compensation and benefits package that includes comprehensive medical and dental insurance benefits plus 401K retirement plan.
SpineCraft is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law.