What's cool about this job
The level of customer service an REI member and customer receives leaves a lasting impression and directly impacts REI’s success as a co-op. The role of Customer Service Specialist contributes to the success of REI by processing purchase transactions at registers, selling memberships and other REI services to customers, supporting our 100% satisfaction guarantee by processing customer returns, and completing other unique customer service functions. REI employees pride themselves on living the REI values: balance, authenticity, quality, service, respect, integrity. Sound interesting? Keep reading to learn more about this position and life at REI! In addition to being a customer service sage, typical work for this position includes:
- Supports customers by responding to product, membership and REI service questions, general inquiries and customer feedback
- Provide customers with product, membership and service information including the REI Visa Card program
- Processes purchase, membership, service and return transactions at the register in alignment with REI’s 100% satisfaction guarantee
- Collect payment for goods, make change and distribute receipts
- Identify, research, and resolve customer issues
- Supports Retail Store Pick-Up (RSPU) by assisting with the receipt of product from truck and processing customer pick-up.
- Performs unique transactions such as special orders, Outdoor School sign-ups and special ticket sales.
- Maintains customer and employee hold area by keeping the area organized and removing items that are beyond the hold dates.
- Processes damaged goods according to store policy. This may involve tagging, moving and/or re-pricing the item
- Informs customers of repair options and completes repair processing.
- Follows document retention and disposal guidelines
- Maintains and stocks work area
Bring your passion and expertise
Do you aspire to adventure? Do you thrive in the outdoors and want to help others do the same? Bring your passion to REI and help fulfill our mission to educate, inspire and outfit our customers for a lifetime of outdoor adventure and stewardship! Here are some skills that we look for in our Customer Service Specialists:
- Previous cashiering experience
- Previous customer service experience (preferred)
- 10-key skills (preferred)
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to adhere to company policies and procedures
- Availability to work a flexible schedule based on business needs, including evenings and weekends