Customer Service Specialist
Arizona State University
Parking & Transit Service
$13.96 per hour
Parking and Transit Services within the University Business Services seeks a Customer Service Specialist at the Tempe campus. This front-line customer service position requires accurate cashiering qualities.
Days and Schedule: This position typically works a Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm schedule however due to staffing and peak times, it may occasionally be necessary to adjust schedule or work extended hours.
- Demonstrates excellent customer service, multi-tasking, and communication skills by providing information and guidance to customers in person, on the phone, and through email
- Processes permit and transit pass sales applications and citation payments
- Updates customer accounts, prepares online orders, temporary permits, and other materials
- Prepares basic correspondence, informational packets and other materials for mailings
- Prepares deposits
- Assists supervisor with quarterly and annual processes
- Handles cash and other negotiable instruments, such as debit and credit cards
- Records transactions
- Balances cash
- Uses detailed maps
- Composes correspondence
- Uses basic math
- Completes manual and electronic forms
- Tracks data
- Additional responsibilities include responding to email for routing inquiries concerning department policy and procedures related to parking on campus; coordinating information for maintaining various logs, files, and reports
- Other duties assigned as necessary
One-two years’ customer service experience in a frontline service environment. OR, any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Experience in a customer service role, preferably in a function providing parking permits, general information, and other similar services to the general public
- Experience answering phones and providing information to customers in a high volume service (1 year) environment
- Evidence of effective verbal and written professional business communication skills (i.e., accurate grammar and spelling)
- Experience with Microsoft Office (i.e., Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Experience with cash handling in a retail or service environment (2 years)
- Activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding, and manipulating a computer mouse (75%); required to stand for varying lengths of time and walk moderate distances to perform work (10%)
- Sitting maybe in a high stool or a typical office chair
- Ability to clearly communicate verbally, read, write, see and hear to perform essential functions
- Regular use of standard office equipment including, but not limited to: computer workstation/laptop (keyboard, monitor, mouse), printer, fax, calculator, copier, telephone and associated computer/technology peripherals
Parking and Transit Services (PTS) plays an integral role in support of the development of Arizona State University by managing the parking and commuter options on the four campuses. PTS operates numerous shuttle, bus, car-sharing, and carpool programs to provide sustainable transportation options to the campus community. These services assist ASU students, faculty, and staff in traveling to, around and between campuses. PTS employees work in a dynamic and rapidly expanding University department and enjoy the benefits, professional growth, and job satisfaction associated with working for this nationally recognized leader among public institutions and the model for the New American University.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 90,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit www.asu.edu/tobaccofree
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Fingerprint Check Statement
This position is considered safety/security sensitive and will include a fingerprint check. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the fingerprint check.
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
Applicant must provide three business related references; one current supervisor and two former supervisors; coworker will only be accepted if work history does not allow for three supervisors. Personal references are not accepted.
Applicant must provide a cover letter expressing interest in the position.
To apply, please go to www.asu.edu/asujobs under Careers at ASU, click “External Staff” and enter ReqID#49244BRor go directly to: https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGnewUI/Search/Home/Home?partnerid=25620&siteid=5494#jobDetails=3732622_5494