Who we are.
American National is a successful and stable corporation guided by five core values: Financial Strength, Integrity, Respect, Service and Teamwork. We are among America’s Most Trustworthy Financial Companies according to Forbes. We’ve spent the last 110+ years earning this reputation and we work each day to expand this legacy. We know we’re not just selling insurance, we’re providing security and peace of mind to our 5 million policyholders.
The growth, innovation and success of American National are driven by our incredible employees who thrive on delivering exceptional service to our clients. Success begins and ends with our people. Their loyalty and dedication to American National is why we’re successful.
If you share our values and can contribute to our mission of providing the highest quality service to our clients, we want to hear from you!
Why join us?
We know that our employees’ lives encompass much more than the time they spend at work. To help them maintain a healthy work/life balance, we’ve compiled a generous benefits package, includin medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life insurance, flexible spending account, matching 401(k), paid time off, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement and referral bonuses.
We’ve also incorporated unique benefits like our volunteer program where employees are provided PTO for giving their time to a non-profit of their choice. Healthy employees are productive employees so we also have a comprehensive wellness program that includes onsite fitness centers and classes or discounted gym memberships, free health screenings, free flu shots, and more.
Customer Service Supervisor, Billing Services
Are you a highly detailed individual looking for an opportunity to lead a team responsible for shaping the future of how we service our customers and provide support to our agents? Do you thrive in a self-directed work environment where agility, collaboration, executive level interpersonal skills, problem solving, attention to detail and accuracy are key measures of your success? If so, the Billing Services team has an opportunity for you!
The Customer Service Supervisor, Billing Services, will be responsible for leading a team of motivated individuals responsible for servicing and supporting our clients’ and agents’ billing and premium payment processing needs.
- Coordinates, monitors and supervises the daily activities of the team, setting priorities and goals for the team, such as periodic objectives, key milestones, performance metrics and standards, etc. Examples include:
- Ensuring timely and accurate set up and maintenance of Easy Pay plans.
- Ensuring incoming inquiries via phone, e-mail, fax etc., from insureds and agents concerning premium as it relates to billing & premium payment processing are handled timely and accurately.
- Ensuring payments received are reconciled, misapplied payments are corrected, payment histories researched, and stop payment requests and refunds are processed timely and accurately.
- Managing the reinstatement process (billing functions) on policies that have lapsed.
- Researching and resolving escalated billing issues.
- Coaches, mentors, and trains employees, providing input to employee performance evaluations.
- Demonstrates accountability for the results of the team.
- Provides input on resources planning, procedures development, and setting guidelines.
- Applies acquired expertise to analyze and solve problems without a clear precedent.
- Ensures overall guidelines and procedures are being followed, quality is of the company and departmental standards, and demonstrates responsibility for the overall compliance of team operations.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Three years of experience in customer service or a call center environment.
- Exemplary customer service, capable of confidently diffusing and resolving complicated customer and agent escalations.
- “Takes ownership” mentality.
- Self-motivated/driven; ability to find ways to contribute in the absence of direction.
- Superior skills/abilities in the following areas:
- Time management
- Data and process analysis
- Communication (internal and external; written, verbal and non-verbal)
- Positive attitude, with a history and reputation for demonstrating ACE in their daily actions.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a focus on team development and support.
- Prior leadership experience, preferred.
- Applicable insurance designations or completion of courses, preferred.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office products (e.g., Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
The preceding job posting has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this role. It is not intended to be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
American National’s recruitment policies help us place individuals in a timely and efficient manner. Only the most qualified candidates will be contacted by our recruiting team. Candidates always have the ability to determine their application status by logging into our Career Portal.
American National is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
Love's, Loves, Love's Travel Shops, Loves Travel Shops, Love's Travel Shops & Country Stores