Philadelphia Gas Works
Looking for a challenge and ready to light up your career?
Free Health Insurance – Free Dental Insurance – Pension Plan – Free Parking – Wellness Programs
The Philadelphia Gas Works (PGW) is the largest municipally-owned gas utility in the nation, supplying gas service in the City of Philadelphia to over 500,000 customers. From its humble beginnings in 1836, PGW has grown into the large, modern facility that exists today. As one of the nation's leading natural gas providers, PGW prides itself on stability and continual growth. PGW is dedicated to becoming the Greenest Natural Gas Delivery Company in the region.
Make a difference in your future – Become part of the PGW Team!
Customer Service Trainer - Call Center Operations
The Customer Service Trainer facilitates the building of an effective employee development and training organization within Customer Affairs. The incumbent is responsible for administering, developing, organizing and conducting divisional training programs for Customer Affairs staff in all units up to the supervisory level. In addition, the Customer Service Trainer develops and designs training manuals that are required for the proper explanation and resolution of all phases of the Company’s operation that could affect customers.
- Researches, plans, develops, organizes, secures and conducts training programs, seminars and workshops for clerical, non-exempt, exempt and supervisory personnel in such a manner as to stimulate and motivate attendee participation. This includes but is not limited to:
- Scheduling/coordinating the appropriate training facility
- Preparing the physical setup of room, audio/visual equipment, etc.
- Notifying attendees and department representatives about scheduled trainings
- Developing and maintaining training program participation database
- Determining the need for outside facilitators and coordinating those efforts
- Participating in Train-the-Trainer certification program
- Hiring entry level CSR positions
- Ensuring the stability of the Training BCCS system
- Overall organizational training and development best practices
Acts as supervisor for new hires during initial training period.
- Bachelor’s degree in Adult Education, Organizational Development, Human Resources, or other related field of study required
- Trainer certifications highly desirable
- 2+ years of experience working in adult education, teaching, training program development or other related disciplines
- Exceptional communications skills including presentation, facilitation, verbal and written abilities
- Must have knowledge of computer based presentation programs such as Power Point, Quark Express, Adobe and Publisher
- Must have analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to work independently and exercise sound judgment
- Must be flexible with the ability to function effectively under unusual or unexpected issues and events
- Must be well-organized and detail-oriented