Does your heart start pounding on Monday in anticipation of Saturday's snowboard outing? Do you dream of Fat Bikes instead of sandy beaches? Would you rather climb Everest than the corporate ladder? Since 1982, our team at The House has been passionate about equipping everyone from weekend warriors to Sherpas with the best outdoor gear on the planet.
Each product we sell has been researched and tested by experts and, ultimately, approved by the end user -- that's you, the driving force behind everything that keeps us stoked! Thanks to the active lifestyles of our loyal members, The House stocks over 65,000 products in our online catalog making us one of the world's largest outdoor retailers. In fact, we've expanded even more with our recent partnership with the Camping World family of brands. With all this gear, we invite you to take up new adventures, and maybe even a new career.
The House is now hiring Customer Support Agents. This role will be based remotely, but with an expectation to occasionally be located at our Little Canada, MN Call Center.
About the Job:
We are looking for an outdoor enthusiast, who is organized, energetic, on-top-of-it, go-getter to join our incredible Customer support team. Customer Support Agents act as a trustworthy point of contact for our customers, and the ultimate advocate for their best interests. The ideal candidate will be able to assist our wide range of customers--from seasoned mountain bikers to those picking out their first set of skis, be detail-oriented, kind, personable, patient and eager to learn. We are a small but mighty team and are looking for great collaborators and trustworthy partners.
What you'll be responsible for:
* Aiding the Customer Support Team, directly interacting with customers across all communication channels (phone, email, chat).
* Speak with customers according to their level of background knowledge as well as answer any questions they may have.
* Ability to establish strong product knowledge and sell to customers
* Collaborating with internal teams to share relevant insights and inspiration.
What we'll love about you:
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Problem-solving mindset
* A passion for building connections
* A positive attitude and upbeat personality
* A team player who is willing and happy to help
* Belief in our mission and passion for the outdoors
* Inquisitive, love to learn, embrace failure, and never give up
What you'll love about us:
* We are a team of smart, interesting, diverse, funny, and loving people.
* We offer competitive compensation and a collaborative working environment
* We offer great employee discounts on products you love
* We are passionate about the outdoors and helping to spread that passion to our customers
* We offer opportunities to grow within the organization
* 1 to 2 years of customer service and/or 1-2 years related experience.
* Enthusiasm for sports and the outdoors
* Access to reliable internet
* Overall positive attitude with a passion for learning
* Unparalleled written and verbal communication
* Self-motivated, highly flexible and proactive with a team mentality
* Basic computer knowledge and ability to learn in-house computer programs essential
* Experience in ecommerce customer service is preferred
* Bike experience is a plus
We don't just accept diversity of thought -- we support it, celebrate it and thrive on it for the benefit of our associates, our customers and our company. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace where we strive to think outside -- and not simply check -- the box.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled