Position Description: Responsible for all aspects of payroll processing and quality service for clients. Responds to and resolves client questions and payroll issues in a timely and professional manner. Must work well under pressure; meeting multiple and sometimes competing deadlines. Shall at all times demonstrate cooperative behavior with colleagues and management.
- Maintains a high rate of client retention through superior customer service,
assisting assigned client base with all components related to payroll processing.
- Responsible for accurate and timely preparation and submission of payrolls.
- Trains clients to use web site and on-line payroll system including electronic reports, general ledger interface and employee self-service when applicable.
- Partners with Sales team to meet and exceed customer expectations and requirements in regards to Payroll as well as HR products.
- Researches and resolves tax issues as needed; updates SUI rate changes, etc.
- Quarter-end and Year-end tax reconciliation and preparation including mag media.
- Handles high volume of correspondence by telephone, email and fax.
- Experience in payroll and customer service with high-volume data entry.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of Federal and multi-state payroll laws.
- Familiarity with multi-state payroll laws regarding taxes, garnishments, etc.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Analytical skills for real problem resolution.
- Adaptable to shift of priorities working under critical time constraints and deadlines.
- Outstanding organization and multi-tasking skills.
Machines and Equipment Used: Telephone, 10 key, PC, FAX machine, copier
Typical Physical Demands: Must be able to sit for prolonged periods of time. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk,
talk and hear. The employee is required to use hands. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision for written work and PC use.
Typical Mental Demands: Must be able to work under time sensitive demands and always provide outstanding customer service.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed The employee will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.by the employee.0