GWS Tool Group is a US-based, vertically integrated manufacturer of highly engineered custom, standard, and modified standard cutting tools, primarily servicing the aerospace and defense, power generation, automotive and medical sectors. GWS Tool Group has acquired multiple businesses in the course of its growth which now serve as the respective manufacturing divisions for the company, and include GW Schultz Tool (Tavares, FL), CGI Tool Chesterfield, IN), Alliance CNC (Grand Rapids, MI), Benchmark Carbide (Springfield, MA), Intrepid Tools (Surprise, AZ) and NATC (South Beloit, IL).
We are seeking an Applications Specialist of Solid Round and Insert Cutting Tools. A successful representative is responsible for account management and generating new opportunities for the organization. The main task involves understanding customers' needs in metalworking, as well as educating customers, prospects, and distributors of GWS Tool Groups products and capabilities. It is essential for the applications specialist to effectively provide detailed information on various products, programs or services offered by GWS Tool Group, but also clearly and effectively communicate what the customer needs back to the GWS Tool Group team.
- Very aggressive with large growth bonus structures
- Well above industry standard
- GWS Tool Group pays well to keep our employees focused on their customers, not their next job
- We offer medical, dental, vision, paid vacation and holidays, 401K, and more!
Duties and Responsibilities
- Scheduling appointments, meeting existing customers in order to review customer applications and product requirements and to determine opportunities.
- Effective planning to conduct sales presentations by meeting customers physically on daily basis.
- Liaising between the company and the customers for up-to-date condition on pricing, service and latest product release launches.
- Generating and developing prospect accounts to increase revenue, through partnering with distribution chain.
- Continuously updating all customers on company product modifications, changes, and enhancements.
- Enhancing up to date knowledge on new products, procedures, services and tools by attending departmental and training meetings.
- Maintaining professionalism, diplomacy, sensitivity, and tact to portray the company in a positive manner.
- Effectively attending conferences and trade shows.
- Using marketing data to maximize sales effectiveness and efficiency by using relevant sales management tools.
- Organizing joint sale calls and attending them with distributors.
- Preparing reports for sales and marketing and maintaining expense accounts.
- Updating and maintenance of customer accounts including contact names and numbers for future sales.
- With help of inside sales support, provide product quotes to customers as needed.
- Ensuring follow-up after passing leads to managers with complete profile customer information, calls-to-action, sources, dates.
Skills and Specifications
- Capable of preserving confidential or sensitive information.
- Effective time management, organization and multi-tasking skills.
- Special people skills to deal with customers and an outgoing personality.
- Able to prospect new accounts.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Very good team player and should work well under pressure.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel.
Education and Qualifications will substitute experience
- Knowledgeable in tooling and manufacturing process
- Ability to assist customers with processing parts and correct application of tools
- Strong Manufacturing background with a focus in Milling, Turning, Grooving (minimum of 2 years)
- Job shop experience is high in regard
- Assisting customers with proper speeds and feeds for materials used.
- Experience in designing special tools is high regard
- Experience processing customer parts from drawing to finished product.
- Account management for current customers
- Proven ability to develop new customers is ideal.
- Degree in any field of sales and marketing is high regard