CV Technologist AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
9100 West 74th Street, Merriam, KS 66204
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
- Received Magnet® recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center in January 2019
- Providing faith-based, whole person care to Kansas City since 1962
- Excellent health benefits, an onsite child care center and fitness facility
- Tuition reimbursement to support continuing education
- Employee Referral Program
- Largest health care provider in Johnson County with three campuses
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Facilitates a culture of teamwork, cohesiveness, and excellence.
- Performs all cardiovascular procedures according to hospital and department policies
- As a technologist scrubs in and assists physicians utilizing sterile technique
- Sets-up, operates, and maintains equipment and supplies for each procedure.
- Holds pressure on arterial and venous sites and applies sterile dressing to puncture site after hemostasis is achieved.
- Assists physicians in invasive cardiology procedures.
- Administers contrast media competently.
- As a technologist, preps patient for sterile procedure and maintains sterile field, selects proper technical factors on an individual patient basis for each examination.
- Transfers and positions patients; applies sterile dressing to injection site, cleans and disinfects equipment in procedure room.
- Maintains physiological monitoring equipment and supplies, prepares room for procedure (including sterile field), selects proper catheters and guide wires for each procedure, provides immobilization devices as required, operates Medrad Injector; selects proper pressure, rates and volume for each injection, operates and maintains equipment, calculates catheter data, administers opaque media appropriately.
- Uses good body mechanics when transferring patients. Transfers and positions patient’s pre and post procedure.
- Takes scheduled emergency call and arrives within 30 minutes per department policy.
- Associate degree or Graduate of a Technical School
- BLS obtained through the American Heart Association
- Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist (RCIS) OR
- Registered Radiologic Technologist (ARRT) and Kansas Licensed Radiologic Technologist (LRT) OR
- Kansas Registered Nurse License and Kansas Licensed Radiologic Technologist (LRT)
Under the direction of a cardiologist, the CV Technologist performs cardiology procedures at a technical level not requiring constant supervision of technical detail. Performs a variety of cardiovascular technical procedures that will require independent judgment with ingenuity and initiative to apply prescribed ionizing radiation for radiologic diagnosis.