At Delta Dental, our strategy is only as strong as the people who execute it! We are hiring individuals that are not just right for today but also for our future. We have built a foundation of high-trust by treating all people with dignity, making and keeping commitments, and consistently striving to do the right thing. Our leaders optimistically share future possibilities to inspire and motivate others toward their full potential. We expect our employees to find ways to embrace positive change, be curious and challenge the status quo, and provide solutions to unmet problems. Joining Delta Dental means joining a culture focused on fostering development, building genuine connections, recognizing each other’s strengths and sharing in successes.
This position will be a key contributor to the Customer Experience Center of Excellence to create an enterprise-wide ecosystem of data-driven customer journey maps for members, providers, and brokers, as well as other internal and external stakeholders. The primary responsibility will be designing journey maps, including support of all stages of journey map development – from initial research to ongoing updates. Through the discipline of journey mapping, a successful candidate will be able to effectively tell the customer’s story and identify opportunities to improve the customer experience, increase customer loyalty, and engrain customer-centricity into business decisions.
How you will make an impact:
- Design high-quality journey maps that reflect the customer experience in a visual, comprehensive, and evidence-based way that aligns with CX best practices.
- Execute on all stages of journey map development, from gathering inputs and data to designing and building digital journey maps, to maintaining ongoing updates.
- Work closely with fellow CX team members, as well as User Experience, Product, Insights, and Business Process Management, to assemble relevant journey map inputs and to share journey map findings informing strategic priorities and aligning with product roadmaps.
- Collaborate and work cross-functionally with other business teams to create and deliver journey maps that bring together siloed information, reveal actionable insight, and aid business objectives.
- Support workshop design and facilitation to socialize journey maps collaborate on translating customer needs and business objectives and align stakeholders on the importance of keeping the customer experience at the forefront of decision-making.
- Support the coordination of customer journey map activities across the entire Delta Dental ecosystem, including but not limited to members, providers, brokers, benefits managers, etc.
What we look for:
- Proficient in collating multiple sources of information and creating compelling visual customer stories.
- Ability to communicate the various complexities of the customer experience in a way that motivates design improvements and drives change.
- Ability to build strong working relationships with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team to support deadlines.
- Ability to utilize, and become a super-user of, a digital journey mapping tool.
- Understanding of best practices in CX as it applies to customer experience design and journey mapping, as well as key business functions like product development, customer service, operations, marketing and communication, sales enablement, technology, and process (lean sigma or Agile).
- Understanding of business drivers and broad CX challenges across business functions that impact experiences, and how to reflect these in journey maps to drive improvement across the organization.
- Experience performing qualitative research, including individual interviews and focus groups, is not required but a plus.
- Broad understanding of healthcare industry knowledge, including key players, trends, and technologies is not required but a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and/or experience.
- A minimum of 5 years related work experience.
- Minimum 3 years of recent hands-on experience in creating any combination of the following: customer journey maps, personas, jobs-to-be-done (JTBD), storyboards, wireframes, user flows, value stream maps, service experience maps, or equivalent design frameworks.
- Experience using SuiteCX, and other digital tools related to customer experience design such as Touchpoint Dashboard, Tandem Seven, and Smaply is not required but a plus.
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop / Illustrator, Miro, and/or Mural is not required but a plus.
- Experience working on CX, UX, product design, human centered design thinking, customer and user research, and/or journey mapping projects within a complex organization.
- Experience working in an agile environment preferred.
Benefits and perks:
- 12 days starting vacation plus 12 holidays and your birthday off!
- Multiple medical insurance options: 100% paid or low cost premiums
- 100% paid dental insurance
- 100% paid vision insurance
- Onsite gym and/or gym discount and fitness incentive
- Culture of learning: substantial tuition reimbursement to improve your skills
- Career growth: we love promoting from within
- Strong commitment to work/life balance
- Technology allowance
- Social responsibility and volunteer opportunities
At Delta Dental we:
Promote accountability, integrity and collaboration: Our employees are collaborative, self-aware, and ethical. It is our expectation to do the right thing and follow through on commitments.
Foster professional development: Our employees take ownership of developing themselves and others through coaching, mentoring and providing/being open to constructive feedback and identifying learning opportunities.
Value customers and cultivate positive experiences: Our employees take time to build rapport with customers, while anticipating and exceeding their needs to ensure positive outcomes.
If you think this sounds like you, let’s chat. We would love to tell you more!
ABOUT Delta Dental
Delta Dental covers more Americans than any other dental benefits provider. As an employee you’ll take part in our mission to become the trusted health partner by collaborating with our communities and employees to reimagine and deliver new possibilities in an ever-changing environment. Our Enterprise Strategy focuses on pillars of Growth and Diversification, supported by the platforms of Culture and People, Process and Technology. Our employees take pride working for a purpose-driven organization and live our values of Trust, Service, Excellence and Innovation.
We are part of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of companies that provides dental coverage to 74 million people in the U.S. Delta Dental of California, Delta Dental of New York, Inc., Delta Dental of Pennsylvania and Delta Dental Insurance Company, together with our affiliate companies, form one of the nation’s largest dental benefits delivery systems, covering 33 million enrollees. All of our companies are members, or affiliates of members, of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of 39 Delta Dental companies throughout the country.
Delta Dental provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or any other classification protected by federal or state law. In addition to federal law requirements, Delta Dental complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Vacation/paid time off
- Professional Development
- Paid Holidays
- Life Insurance