Are you a creative and inventive engineer looking to hack and reverse engineer software and hardware devices?
Do you have experience with low-level hardware or embedded devices?
Are you passionate about developing novel solutions to complex engineering challenges?
If so, we want you to join our team of hardworking individuals and embrace opportunities in the diverse environment that we have to offer.
We are seeking motivated individuals who will develop state-of-the-art cyber capabilities and perform meaningful research into cyber vulnerabilities. Our team focuses on analyzing systems to understand how they work and to determine how they behave when they break. We work on developing groundbreaking technologies to defeat advanced security techniques.
As a member of our team...
- You will hack hardware, firmware, and software.
- You will join forces with team members in the analysis and reverse engineering of systems to identify and understand security vulnerabilities.
- You will build forward-thinking solutions for prototype and operational systems.
- You will circulate knowledge by articulating ideas clearly through papers and presentations to technical staff, management, and government decision makers.
- You are encouraged to take advantage of opportunities to participate in working groups, customer meetings, proposal writing, and conferences.
We are looking for exceptional team members that have attained a degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a related technical degree.
You meet our minimum qualifications for the job if you...
- Have acquired a Bachelor's degree and have 5+ years of relevant professional experience.
- Understand the internals of any major operating system, exploitation techniques, and mitigations.
- Have experience reading or writing assembly (x86/x64, Arm, PowerPC, MIPS, or others).
- Are an outstanding communicator in both written and verbal forms.
- Hold a DoD Secret Clearance. You will be subjected to a government security investigation, and you should meet the eligibility requirements for access to classified information up to the Secret level. Eligibility requirements include US citizenship.
You will go above and beyond our minimum requirements if you...
- Have obtained a Master's degree or possess 7+ years of professional experience in a relevant area.
- Understand wire-level protocols and radio frequency communications.
- Have used debuggers such as gdb, WinDbg, or OllyDbg, and you have worked with reverse engineering tools such as IDA, Binary Ninja, or Ghidra.
- Enjoy crafting and prototyping hardware.
- Hold a TS/SCI clearance with full-scope polygraph.
- Have prior experience working with government agencies or in a government agency setting.
Why work at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation’s most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. With a wide selection of challenging, impactful work and a robust education assistance program, APL promotes a culture of life-long learning. Our employees enjoy generous benefits and healthy work/life balance. APL’s campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities at www.jhuapl.edu/careers.
APL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
#LI-BM1 #APL-JA1 #18135