Pfizer UK Undergraduate Programme 2020/2021
Global Information Security, Pfizer Digital
The Pfizer Digital Global Information Security (GIS) team delivers three core capabilities for Pfizer – Intrusion Detection & Analysis, Threat Intelligence, and Forensics. GIS secures Pfizer’s most important information assets through world-class controls and protections. GIS enables Pfizer’s business results by making security an enabler and not a roadblock. GIS strives to broaden the cybersecurity ownership culture across the company through targeted awareness campaigns and empowering colleagues to be risk aware.
What can I achieve and what will I be responsible for whilst completing a placement at Pfizer?
Digital Forensic Analysts will sit within the Digital Forensic & Insider threat team based in Sandwich, Kent. Forensic Analysts provide digital forensic services for internal company investigative partners. Forensic Analysts must be proficient in practices, procedures and analysis of electronic evidence. The forensic examiner position requires the highest levels of integrity. The ability to protect confidential information and operate within all policies, procedures and work instructions is a must.
This is an opportunity to work in our EMEA CORE (Cybersecurity Operations & Response Environment) as part of a larger global team (based in similar CORE facilities in the US and Singapore).
You will have the opportunity to:
- Conduct and manage collections of evidence both on site and remotely
- Monitor DFIT (Digital Forensics and Insider Threat) applications and triage cases appropriately
- Manage, maintain and update the DFIT dashboards and metrics
- Undertake Forensic Intake Triage analyst duties including:
- Responding to customers
- Assignment of cases
- Conducting investigations
- Attending daily meetings
- Update DFIT knowledge sharing wiki
- Contribute to the Development and implementation of automated processes to enhance the DFIT capabilities
- Gain experience using industry standard software including Encase, Nuix, Cellebrite, Blacklight, IEF amongst many others.
- Validate core forensic tools
- Manage data storage -archiving historical data in line with local policy
What other opportunities and benefits do Pfizer offer?
There may be opportunities to attend Forensic related events
When can I start?
Placements will start on 1st September 2020 and will run for 12 months.
Type of person we are looking for, in relation to ‘Skills’, ‘Knowledge’ and ‘Motivation’:
- On target for a 2:1 Degree Classification
- A genuine interest in pursuing a technical role in the computer forensic field.
- Excellent written and communication skills
- The motivation and resilience to make the most of this opportunity
- Able to take instructions and self-motivated to apply them within defined timeframes
- Good attention to detail
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.