Scientific Research Corporation is an advanced information technology engineering company that provides innovative products and services to government and private industry, as well as independent institutions. At the core of our capabilities is a seasoned team of highly skilled engineers and scientists with multidisciplinary backgrounds. This team is challenged daily to provide cutting edge technology solutions to our clients.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
SRC is continuing and expanding their support of the Navy's Computer Network Defense (CND) program, on a 5 year delivery order. The SRC team provides cutting-edge engineering, analysis, integration and life cycle sustainment support for the CND systems. The purpose of the Navy Computer Network Defense (CND) program is to augment CND capabilities and integrate them into the unique environments encountered by Navy forces. Navy CND is an integral part of the cyber defense posture, protecting the Navy's component of the Global Information Grid (GIG) from exploitation and strongly linking to critical infrastructure protection. SPAWAR Systems Center Atlantic requires resources to support the Research, Development, Test & Evaluation (RDT&E) and Integration activities for the Information Technology for the 21st Century (IT-21), and OCONUS Navy Enterprise Network (ONENET) networks, to enhance network and cyber security.
As a member of the Integration team, the candidate will provide support in the build out, testing, installation, cutover, and troubleshooting of CND equipment. These efforts will be conducted in both our Charleston, SC location as well as at deployed environments throughout multiple Naval Information Warfare Center (NIWC) Areas of Responsibility (AOR)s. SRC is looking for motivated, adaptable individuals with a background in network engineering, willing and able to execute on mission critical operations in support of the NIWC.
Key criteria for candidates in the position consist of, but are not limited to the following:
* Have experience with networking equipment to include both Cisco and Juniper devices / applications
* Have experience with the deployment and troubleshooting of Cisco networking devices
* Have experience utilizing DISA STIGs to harden and secure network and security devices
* Have design, testing and validation experience on DoD-deployed systems
* Have knowledge and/or experience with performing System Operational Verification Tests (SOVTs)
* Have experience and/or knowledge of requirements gathering and analysis conducted during survey efforts
* Knowledge of CND ashore and/or afloat systems
* Be self-motivated with the ability to work both independently and in a collaborative environment
* Be articulate in redlining current processes and procedures aiding future installation efforts
* Knowledge of systems engineering activities and process improvement approaches strongly desired
Scientific Research Corporation offers a competitive salary, an extensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages excellence. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Scientific Research Corporation is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate in employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
MINIMUM SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
* This position requires DoD 8570.1 IAT Level II certifications:
* Must have one of the following security certifications: GSEC, Security, CCENT, CCNA, CCNP
* Primary focus is on Cisco certifications, to include but not limited to (CCENT, CCNA, CCNP, or similar), or a similar networking certification through a recognized industry partner
* This position requires a minimum of a Secret security clearance to start, and will require a Top Secret to be obtained after on-boarding
* Three (3) years of experience in relevant technical field, to include: Technology Analysis and Assessment, Design Implementation, Verification of Systems Specification, Systems Analysis, Systems/Equipment Integration, Test & Evaluation Criteria of C5ISR requirements
THIS POSITION REQUIRES AN ACTIVE DoD SECRET CLEARANCE
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled