|Reference # :||20-37722||Title :||Cyber Security Analyst - Remote|
|Location :||Austin, TX|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||11/30/2020 / 05/31/2021|
Artech is currently seeking to add to the below position
Job Title: Cyber Security Analyst
Location: Herndon, VA / Austin, TX
Duration: 12 Months with Possible Extension
Client is seeking a Mid-Senior Level Cyber Security Analyst in Austin, TX to work on the Cyber Security Rapid Response Team - Security Monitoring, Forensic and Threat Intelligence function. This position requires a motivated fast learner, who is able to work within the Rapid Response function to identify, analyze, and remediate potential threats to the environment. The candidate will require security industry knowledge that evolves with current and emerging threats, as well as an ongoing understanding of key business and technological processes. This position will report to the Threat and Response Lead of Information Security.
This role will perform security monitoring, investigations and perform analysis of events in order to thwart internal and external threats to the environment. Additionally, will collaborate on an ongoing basis with the Cyber Security Rapid Response Incident Response Team and Managed Security Service providers to support detection, triage, incident analysis, containment, remediation and reporting of events/incidents while coordinating, balancing business priorities, emerging and actual threats and best practices to ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of information assets. "
• Assist in establishing Global Security Monitoring discipline to support enterprise
• Analyze and respond to security threats from Firewall (FW), Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS), Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS), Antivirus (AV), Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) and other security threat data sources.
• Respond in a timely manner (within documented SLA).
• Document actions in cases to effectively communicate information to internal stakeholders as well has for historical retrieval.
• Adhere to policies, procedures, and security practices
• Resolve problems independently and understand escalation procedures.
• Participate in security incidents and act as the technical Subject Matter Expert during significant security incidents.
• Utilize analytics to identify potential threats to the environment.
• Detect, respond, mitigate, and report on cyber threats/incidents that may impact the environment.
• Collaborate with technical leads: Engineering, Operations, Service Desk, Applications and BISOs on matters related to security monitoring across global footprint.
• Collaborate and serve as liaison to Managed and/or Unmanaged Security Service providers.
• Conduct Operations surrounding cyber security incident response technologies including network logging and forensics, security information and event management tools, security analytics platforms, log search technologies, and host based forensics as applicable.
• Act as an internal information security consultant to the business and technology units, advising on risks, threats and control practices related to Rapid Response.
• Assist in development and knowledge sharing within the team.
• Assist in security console tuning
• Assist in security event oversight to ensure the team is delivering a quality product
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• Minimum 3+ years of experience working within a SOC, Threat Hunt, or Threat Intel team
• Critical thinking and problem solving skills
• Passion for information security and data security
• Strong written/verbal communication skills
• Strong interpersonal and organization skills
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
• Practical experience with TCP/IP networking
• Experience with Linux, Windows, iOS, and Network Operating Systems
• Experience with EDR and SIEM technologies.
• Working knowledge of Routing and Access Control Devices
• Industry related certifications: Security+, C|EH, GSEC, etc.
Please apply on our company website (www.artech.com) with reference to job ID, or contact me at Anurag.email@example.com/ 973.967.3462
Assistant Manager - US Staffing
Artech Information Systems LLC
360 Mt. Kemble Avenue, Suite 2000 | Morristown, NJ 07960
Office: 973.967.3462 | Fax: 973.998.2599
Email: Anurag.Pal@artech.com | Website: www.artech.com
About Artech Information Systems LLC
Artech is an employer-of-choice for over 5,800 consultants across the globe. We recruit top-notch talent for over 65 Fortune and Government clients coast-to-coast across the U.S., India, and China. We are one of the fastest-growing companies in the U.S. and this may be your opportunity to join us!
Want to read more about Artech?
Click here to visit our website or click on the following links to read what others are saying about us: The Wall Street Journal, Forbes (1) (2), BusinessWire, Entrepreneur, Better Business Bureau, Hoovers, Diversity Careers(1) (2), The Artech Circle, NJTVOnline, The Business Forum Show, and SIA: “Above the Crowd.”
Connect with Artech through Social Media
Learn more about our company including the latest events at Artech, new job opportunities, jobseeker tips, and more. Follow us on Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Twitter, and YouTube
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Referral Program
- Long Term Disability
- Employee Events
- Medical, Dental and Vision