The ISD Cyber Security Sector is responsible for monitoring and protecting technical information systems. The sector operates and maintains computer network defense (CND) tools and data sources (network and host level) in support of incident response and mitigation processes. Services include briefings to management, advising them of issues that may affect the customers’ security posture. The sector also conducts vulnerability assessment scanning at the network, system, and application levels, and coordinates mitigations and communications to the community.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
The Cyber Security Analyst position will be a member of multiple Security Operations Center (SOC) teams where they will perform daily SOC operations and serve on specialized teams which threat hunt, manage vulnerabilities, and work to standardize SOC functions through playbook development, data analysis & reporting, and through the management of tools. While the SOC has a tiered structure, job rotation and cross training are key to the analysts’ success. The primary function, in this context, is to bring experience and talent to the position such that you can help drive the rapid tempo of the environment.
During an interview, you may be asked to demonstrate skills in threat hunting, vulnerability management, SIEM / SOAR tools, basic engineering or engage in a discussion on malware analysis. It isn’t expected that you have mastered all of these skills but can demonstrate sounding thinking in how you would approach them and some familiarity with the skills and techniques involved.
• Must be a U.S. citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain an active secret clearance
• 4+ years’ experience in the information security technology field; preferably a BS in an IT related field of study
• Strong familiarity with operating system diagnostics, network design, and troubleshooting, and how to diagnose security controls and logs for evidence and indicators of compromise.
• Good understanding of vulnerabilities, how vulnerabilities are detected and mitigated, how to rate the risk associated with an emerging vulnerability.
• Basic threat management and how to do research across multiple sources to correlate and provide accurate scope to identify, contain, eradicate and recover from a security incident.
• Active Secret
• Demonstrated ability to achieve ongoing educational training.
• While a SANS, (ISC)2, or ISACA certification is not required, most candidates will have gone through this or similar processes in order to achieve their commitment to ongoing training.
• Demonstrated ability to create and contribute to teams in a collaborative and constructive manner.
WORKING LOCATIONS & ADDITIONAL INFO
• Location: Lexington, MA
• Travel: Non-Anticipated
• Employment Status: Full-Time Employee with full benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, PTO, Retirement)
• Other: All candidates must also successfully pass a Commercial Background Investigation (CBI).
• Occasional off-hour / on duty support is necessary.
• Occasional travel for meetings and training is likely. (<10%)
This job posting sets forth the authorities and responsibilities of this position, which may be changed from time to time as shall be determined.
Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, LTD. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or other factors protected by federal, state, and/or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including: recruiting; hiring; placement; promotion; termination; layoff; recall; transfer; leaves of absence; compensation; and training.