Work Schedule/Days: Day/Monday - Friday
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: Support II
Requisition #: 63967
Children's Healthcare of Atlanta is growing and hiring a Cyber Security Engineer to join our permanent team! As a cutting-edge well established information security department Children's is a leading contenter in Healthcare IS nationally. The Cyber Security Engineer will serve as an expert on matters related to Enterprise Network Security architecture, design, implementation, and ongoing support for the network security devices. This individual will work closely with the Network infrastructure team and business units to provide security planning and technical support.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Sciences or related discipline or equivalent experience required
- No professional certifications required
- 5+ years total experience and solid understanding of any combination of the following
- Network Security Protocols and Methodologies with Supporting and with building VPN Tunnels required
- Performing IDS / IPS real-time monitoring analysis and/or network forensics required
- Managing and supporting Egress, Ingress, and Next Generation Firewalls required
- Network administration as well as systems administration required
- Solid understanding of the Information Security & IT controls, Security penetration and vulnerability assessments
- Support and monitoring of security endpoints/servers such as patch deployment/risk assessment/vulnerability scanners/security incident and event monitoring solutions/antivirus products, Network Security Protocols and Methodologies, Information Security & IT controls, security penetration and vulnerability assessments. or systems/network administration
- Familiarity with HIPAA, Joint Commission, NIST and ISO frameworks, and other information security governing bodies
- Experience with NIST and ISO frameworks
- 5+ years experience in database management system security
- 3+ years experience in healthcare setting
- Leadership Experience in IT Support Organization
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES*
- Solid knowledge of HIPAA, Joint Commission, and other IT security governing bodies
- Demonstrated knowledge of generally known information technology platforms, standards, and software development language(s)
- Demonstrate well-developed organizational, written communication and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact positively and productively with teams across organizational lines, including administrative, executive staff and patient care systems users
- Must be able to function in a dynamic environment subject to impromptu changes in schedules and priorities
- Provides leadership and guidance when assisting other team members in problem resolution. Serves as an expert on matters related to Enterprise Network Security architecture, design, implementation, and ongoing support for the network security devices.
- Plans security systems by evaluating network and security technologies; developing requirements for local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), virtual private networks (VPNs), routers, firewalls, and related security and network devices; designs public key infrastructures (PKIs), including use of certification authorities (CAs) and digital signatures as well as hardware and software; adhering to industry standards.
- Implements security systems by specifying intrusion detection methodologies and equipment; directing equipment and software installation and calibration; preparing preventive and reactive measures; creating, transmitting, and maintaining keys; providing technical support; completing documentation.
- Verifies security systems by developing and implementing test scripts. Works closely with the Network infrastructure team and business units to provide security planning and technical support.
- Provides system performance monitoring and troubleshooting. Maintains documentation, asset tracking.
Safety: Practices proper safety techniques in accordance with hospital and departmental policies and procedures. Responsible for the reporting of employee/patient/visitor injuries or accidents, or other safety issues to the supervisor and in the occurrence notification system.
Compliance: Monitors and ensures compliance with all regulatory requirements, organizational standards, and policies and procedures related to area of responsibility. Identifies potential risk areas within area of responsibility and supports problem resolution process. Maintains records of compliance activities and reports compliance activities to the Compliance Office.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by the personnel so classified.
Ability to lift up to 15 lbs independently not to exceed 50 lbs without assistance
Bending/Stooping - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Climbing - Not Present
Hearing/Speaking - Effective communication with employees, supervisors/managers and staff. Effective communications with patients and visitors, as required.
Lifting - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Pushing/Pulling - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Sitting - Frequently (activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of time)
Standing - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Walking - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
No potential for exposure to blood and body fluids
Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta has been 100 percent committed to kids for more than 100 years. A not-for-profit organization, Children’s is dedicated to making kids better today and healthier tomorrow.
With 3 hospitals, 20neighborhood locations and a total of 673beds, Children’s is the largest healthcare provider for children in Georgia and one of the largest pediatric clinical care providers in the country. Children’s offers access to more than 60 pediatric specialties and programs and is ranked among the top children’s hospitals in the country by U.S. News & World Report.
Children’s has been recognized as a Fortune 100 Best Place to Work, a Best Place for Working Mothers, and as a top employer for diversity and millennials. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefit package that supports our mission, vision and values. We are proud to offer an array of programs and services to our employees that have distinguished us as a best place to work in the country. Connect to our mission of making kids better today and healthier tomorrow.
Have questions about the recruitment process? Check out What to Expect.
Address: 1575 Northeast Expressway, Bldg 2, Atlanta, GA 30329
Function: Information Technology - Information Security