- Responsible for providing network engineering and architecture direction for security design and engineering.
- Responsible for providing vulnerability and risk assessment for infrastructure.
- Responsible for conducting risk-based vulnerability assessment.
- Responsible for working with infrastructure and application teams on security solution design and implementation.
- Responsible for accessing security solutions proof of value and conducting proof of concept.
- Responsible for applying and ensuring that all enterprise and industry standards and best-practices are followed in network security design and assessment.
- Responsible for participating in enterprise technology and functional planning processes to develop standards and best practices
- Responsible for developing security engineering and architecture roadmaps and blueprints for security domains
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 5 years of network management experience.
- Hands-on experience working with various network technologies to identify configuration gaps.
- Experience working on enterprise grade network appliances to retrieve configuration and implementation details.
- Experience using network mapping tools to develop a network map for
- Coding experience to write scripts in Python or similar language.
- Knowledge of vulnerability management is a plus.
- Knowledge of web service (SOAP and RESTful) or APIs will help.
- Knowledge of authentication and authorization patterns for securing services.
- Familiarity with the OWASP framework and security best practices.
- A diverse skill base in both Information Systems and Information Security
- The ability to work closely with Business and development and a thorough understanding of the balance between Business and Security requirements
- Passion to work on newer technologies and explore the security domain.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Specific relevant experience should include writing and presenting application security assessment reports. Candidate should have experience making and defending sound technical arguments that incorporate relevant technical and business considerations, and building consensus among stakeholders.
What Else Can You Tell Me?
The Hartford is committed to the education and growth of our Information Technology Professionals. A number of IT Certifications are available to enhance your career and growth potential. IT Professionals at The Hartford may qualify for a stipend up to %241000 per year for additional certifications
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression/Religion/Age
Primary Location: United States-Connecticut-Hartford
Job Level:Individual Contributor
Education Level:Associate's Degree (±13 years)
Shift Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Overtime Status: Exempt
Job Posting:Jan 15, 2019, 1:35:47 PM
Remote Worker Option:Yes