Apex Systems combines with parent company On Assignment to make it the 2nd largest IT staffing agency in the country.
Apex has an opportunity for a Cyber Security Engineer role in Waltham, MA. This is a 9+ month contract position and the pay rate is flexible depending on experience. Here are the details:
For applicants who are interested in this Security Engineer opportunity; please send a Word resume to Meredith Furtado, Technical Recruiter, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Position: Security Engineer
Apex Job ID: 883384
Location: Waltham, Ma
Rate: Negotiable based on experience
Duration: 9+ months
The Security Engineer serves as a subject matter expert in many areas of security, and is able to describe and document in business terms the impact of security policies, standards, and architecture. This person will provide security direction to the business and project stakeholders to ensure that security is a key focus for all projects and new business initiatives.
Knowledge, Experience & Technical Know How:
• Strong background in security architecture including a deep knowledge of IT network security (secure LAN, WAN, vLAN, MPLS, and secure network zoning and restricted network design) and cloud-based technologies,
• Strong knowledge and experience designing and implementing technical security solutions such as secure remote access, firewalls, encryption, secure protocols, data protection, data loss prevention and identity management solutions both internally and within cloud provided services, with CASB products a plus.
• Able to translate business and non-functional requirements to establish security controls so that a proper security design can be architected and to document the security solutions for communications and enduring documentation.
• Previous experience identifying and addressing security requirements within the AGILE Project Framework method.
• Strong knowledge of data and information flows, information governance, and network protocols.
• Experience of designing and incorporating technical security controls that align to NIST 800-53r4
• Experience of designing and managing security controls within service providers and the cloud.
• Appreciation of wider information security related principles, likely to be gained in industry or from a consultancy background.
• Prepared to challenge business and IS colleagues and have the “difficult conversations” where needed in the interests of National Grid
• Strong communication, leadership and partnering skills.
* Familiarity with EA Sparx a plus
• Proven track record of successfully delivering business requirements to time and budget constraints.
• Able to operate as a highly independent worker and as part of a strong team/collaborative approach.
• Prior utility industry experience preferred, including knowledge of customer, ERP, asset management, and analytics. Familiar with security application lifecycle process frameworks including NIST 800-64.
• Educated to degree level (or equivalent combination of education and experience).
• Information Security Qualifications such as CISSP, ISSAP, and SABSA practitioner preferred.
• Security Qualifications such as SANs, CCNA, CCNP.
• Familiar with various controls including NIST
Job Dimensions (e.g., number of direct reports, budget – please indicate if these are direct or indirect responsibilities):
• The role can be filled in Reservoir Woods, Waltham, MA, Hicksville, NY, or Syracuse, NY
* This role will be placed on multiple projects with the expectation that the individual will be able to coordinate with the Security Architect on identifying existing security services that can be leveraged by the project and identify gaps in the business requirement that will need new security services to be able to meet the security controls identified in an aggressive timeframe. Perform security risk assessments to determine level of security services to include.
• Implement security designs by working with the security architect in leveraging policies, standards, and patterns including controls to support the specific project requirements.
• Provide testing scenarios to the project team ensuring the security controls are in place as required.
• Elevate residual risk to be included in the risk register and approved by the key stakeholders where they cannot be mitigated or addressed.
• Security architects
• Project managers
• Solution architects
• Application support teams
• Business stakeholders
• Business continuity team
• Third party suppliers
• Compliance and assurance teams
• External regulatory and compliance bodies (material and references)
• Incident and threat management, and security operations
• Business and Project Consulting:
• Project engagement during the initiation, requirements, and design stages to ensure that security has been considered and is included into the design at the appropriate level based on the risks.
• Further security related guidance may be required during the build and testing stages of the projects.
• Security review and design of complex application and technology architectures.
• Coordination of technical design/review activities with various IS and project stakeholders.
• Evaluation and maintenance of security system plans and procedures to safeguard internal information systems and databases.
• Researching and recommendation/implementation of changes to procedures and systems to enhance security aligned with corporate policies
• Partner with LoB and IS during project engagement in the development of strategic and tactical business plans.
• Manage demand of working on multiple projects and leverage IS security technologies and services to meet business goals and objectives.
• Accountable for ensuring that key risks and issues are identified, addressed and resolved in a manner that satisfies the business. Remaining risks are registered and owned
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178