The Embedded and Open Systems Group defines and implements advanced architectures for real-time embedded processing, avionics, and command and control systems. Open architecture efforts enable the flexible composition of sensors, processing systems, avionics systems, ground stations and command centers to provide necessary warfighting capabilities in a timely manner. The group focuses on high-performance systems that combine state-of-the-art software engineering practices with advanced hardware technologies including ASICs, FPGAs, GPUs, and microprocessors. It also develops and prototypes Department of Defense and Industry adopted standards that enable system operability and facilitate subsystem-level upgradability. The combination of these high-end processing systems and open architecture standards are transitioned to leading-edge US military platforms and command and control capabilities.
Odyssey Systems currently seeks two (2) Cyber Security Engineering Experts to provide cyber security technology expertise and implement solutions for an exciting and high visibility new software architecture and prototyping effort developing and sustaining next generation capabilities for advanced U.S. fighter platforms.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
This position requires cyber security software design, development and implementation experience, with strong and proven delivery and prototype demonstration skills. In particular, expertise engineering secure information exchange and effective, distributed and scalable cyber security threat and vulnerability protections into modern, flexible software architectures including cloud computing, big data and analytics, machine learning, artificial intelligence and cybersecurity. Focus will be on designing and prototyping a tactical-edge computing (TEC) architecture to seamlessly support next generation capabilities for and sustainment of advanced U.S. fighter platforms. Provide technical and security expertise to identify security technology solutions and develop security reference architectures and strategies to achieve business results. Experience in real-time systems, data mining, analytical methods, machine learning, and dynamic simulation across a range of information system architectures.
• Must be a U.S. citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD secret clearance
• PhD plus 5 years minimum experience, or MS plus 8 years minimum experience
• Ability to ensure appropriate implementation of security technology and reference architectures within both development and production environments.
• Ability to analyze policy and doctrine and translate what is read into needs statements, requirements, courses of action, etc.
• Experience with Java, C, and / or C++
• Experienced with agile development methods.
• Deep knowledge of security with respect to cloud technologies.
• Experience with different aspects of security engineering including knowledge of network security, operating system security, database security, and web application technologies
• Experience with some of the following types of technologies: SIEM (SecurityCenter, Splunk, etc.); Firewalls, both network and host based; Application or web content filtering; IDS/IPS
• Knowledge of security principles with cloud-based services such as AWS
• Hands on experience analyzing system security postures and performing risk assessments.
• Experience in analysis of cyber security requirements, architecture design, audit tools and compliance for operational mission systems.
• Familiarity with time and space partitioned operating systems and/or Separation Kernel RTOS (SK-RTOS).
• Experienced in security analysis of operational and development computing environments, threats, vulnerabilities and internal interfaces to define and assess compliance with accepted industry and government standards.
• Expert understanding of Federal cyber security guidelines, mandates, and requirements.
• Active secret clearance
• Knowledge of customer cyber requirements related to the conduct of cyber activities and defensive operations in accordance with applicable Federal law, Executive Order, and Intelligence Directives is required.
• Design and develop enterprise-wide security architecture and strategy for all aspects of the security domain in alignment with the business strategy and goals.
• Develop/integrate cybersecurity designs for systems and networks with multilevel security requirements or requirements.
• Provide input on security requirements to be included in statements of work and other appropriate procurement documents.
• Provide technical guidance and security expertise in the areas of secure application development, security architecture risk management and assessment, security policies and standards, security architectures and implementations.
• Apply expert understanding of Federal, OMB, and DOD regulatory and statutory cybersecurity requirements.
• Experience configuring, managing and running Security Operation Center (SOC) type tools (e.g., Tenable Continuous View, FireEye Threat Management System, Snort, etc.).
• Experience leading the development and implementation of enterprise-level, DoD cybersecurity programs, including the development of policies, procedures, and other guidance documents.
• Experience briefing and fielding questions from DoD/Military stakeholders and senior leaders.
• Ability to work effectively leading a team and individually, setting priorities, and handling multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Strong interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to support complex organizational relationships, technical document preparation and verbal communication for presentation of technical issues and reports to senior government and military sponsors.
• Highly effective written and verbal communication skills.
WORKING LOCATIONS & ADDITIONAL INFO
• Location: Lexington, MA
• Travel: Non-anticipated
• Employment Status: Full-Time Employee with full benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, PTO, Retirement)
• Other: All candidates must also successfully pass a Commercial Background Investigation (CBI).
This job posting sets forth the authorities and responsibilities of this position, which may be changed from time to time as shall be determined.
Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, LTD. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or other factors protected by federal, state, and/or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including: recruiting; hiring; placement; promotion; termination; layoff; recall; transfer; leaves of absence; compensation; and training.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.