Every employee of IRI is responsible for carrying out the Mission of IRI and demonstrating the core values in their day-to-day operations.
Based in Washington, DC, the Cyber Security intern is responsible for supporting the IT department, as well as the entirety of the Institute, with various projects. This position will learn about time management and deal with multiple activities in a fast-paced work environment. Other learning opportunities include attending topic meetings, conferences, and seminars.
This position is scheduled to start in June of 2019 for no more than sixteen (16) weeks and may not be extended.
- Detail-oriented individual with strong organizational and multitasking abilities for working in a fast paced, team-driven environment
- Flexibility to changing situations and priorities
- Good understanding of computers, mobile devices, and other technology products
- Ability to diagnose and resolve basic technical issues
- Understanding of Cyber Security and risk mitigation
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office, Cyber Security tools in general, OSINT
- Basic familiarity with Microsoft Office 365 and Azure preferred
- Strong English verbal and written communication skills, particularly for end-user training documentation
Primary Functions & Responsibilities
- Build and maintain “Cyber Risk Matrix” for threat levels by region/country
- Create documentation for end users based on Best Practices
- Create standard “How To” guides as needed
- Monitor and report on security status and research mitigation options
- Record security events and issues and their suggested or implemented resolution
- Identify and suggest improvements on procedures and standards
- Provide accurate information on IT security products or services
- Product research, comparison, and reporting
Auxiliary Functions & Responsibilities
- Serve as a point of contact for users seeking technical assistance via phone, email, or walk-ups
- Troubleshoot issues through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions
- Direct unresolved issues to the next level of support staff
- Support IT staff with inventory management
- Other duties as assigned
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.