Seeking a highly motivated and experienced individual for the role of Cyber Security Subject Matter Expert. You will work closely with a team of highly skilled software development and cyber security professionals in the enhancement of MetaGrid cyber security solution.
- Ability to create and annotate log data samples
- Experience with intrusion testing and prevention
- Experience in managing a malware lab sandbox environment
- Hands-on experience with a broad range of security platforms; Firewalls, IPS, SIEM products, etc.
- Hands-on experience with a broad range of platforms; Linux, Mac OS X, Windows, etc.
- Customer-facing, problem-solving, collaborative research, and reporting skills
- Log management:
- Experience in consolidation and analysis of monitoring data
- Experience in multi-source data aggregation; network, security, servers, and databases, applications for use in SIEM or related products
- Experience in packet analysis
- Security compliance experience
- Forensic analysis a plus, especially in log analysis
- SIEM experience: Experience in any of the following products is a plus:
- Alert Logic
- Conduct live forensics on Windows systems and produce detailed analysis of the root cause of a compromise.
- Successfully review Windows logs for virus or malware activity.
- Expertise in hacking and intrusion techniques and prior experience with security testing and computer system diagnostics.
- Familiar with standard computer operating systems, networks and hardware as well as security software and document-creation applications.
- Excellent analytical skills; and detail oriented.
- Stay informed of industry news, trends, and events to determine research needs for MetaGrid enhancements and new products
- Represent the Company at industry trade shows, conferences, and media events to position the company as a thought leader in big data security while gaining positive exposure
- Contribute to pursuing opportunities with potential partners or clients
- Conduct ongoing research in security and big data technologies to identify trends, best practices, and gaps in industry offerings
- Identify, research, and determine feasibility of functional improvements to existing products and/or develop new solutions to resolve complex issues faced by big data environments
- Support product enhancement teams including: QA, solutions consultants, and development
- Support projects via engineering, testing, implementation, and integration
Support log analysis projects by creating and annotating log data samples
Education and Qualifications
- A university degree or college diploma
- Desireable course certifications; computer programming, management information systems, business, and systems design and analysis
5+ years of IT industry experience