At the heart of Defining Possible is our commitment to missions. In rapidly changing global security environments, Northrop Grumman brings informed insights and software-secure technology to enable strategic planning. We’re looking for innovators who can help us keep building on our wide portfolio of secure, affordable, integrated, and multi-domain systems and technologies that fuel those missions. By joining in our shared mission, we’ll support yours of expanding your personal network and developing skills, whether you are new to the field or an industry thought-leader. At Northrop Grumman, you’ll have the resources, support, and team to do some of the best work of your career.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is actively recruiting Cyber System Engineering team members to support a Cyber Security program based in Tampa, FL.
You will be working with our experienced engineering team developing industry leading virtual environments to support Department of Defense Cyber efforts. These environments are detailed engineering representations of current and future cyber systems.
We're looking for a highly motivated individual with an impeccable work ethic and a strong ability to work in a collaborative fast-moving dynamic team environment. The primary team will be located in Tampa, Florida with distributed team members embedded directly with the customer. Our ability to communicate / coordinate highly technical requirements with team members is a priority due to competing priorities and demanding deadlines. You must be able to work within a vigorous change management environment with the ability to document and test all changes prior to implementation. You will perform technical, operational, and security risk analysis for new changes and technologies and articulate risks in a succinct manner. Individual must be able to provide some mentorship and team / project organization skills. You must be able to quickly adapt new technologies to avoid limitations & obsolescence of both hardware and software.
We support government cyber test and evaluation environments through the development of virtual environment designs using products such as Microsoft, VMware, Cisco, RedHat, and other enterprise solution products. You will need to have a willingness to dive deep, experiment rapidly, and get things done.
Cyber systems engineering and scientific personnel who possess in-depth knowledge of principles, concepts and techniques for cyber systems.
We are looking for hands-on systems engineers that can serve as Subject Matter Experts (SME) in two or more of the below subjects:
- Design & Engineering: Experience in multiple disciplines listed below with the ability to look at problems and requests holistically and factor them against requirements. The positions will create integrated solutions that meet and exceed desired results. Ability to identify opportunities for innovation, then ability to solve identified problems. Experience working in SCRUM and AGILE environments highly desired.
- Change Management: Facilitate large and cross-functional team meetings across the organization. Excellent coordination and organization skills. Strong business analysis and functional experience, including requirements gathering, creating/deploying solutions to end users. Ability to understand how existing and new systems can be integrated to improve business unit performance.
- Test & Evaluation: Demonstrate experience with Developmental Testing (DT) Integrated Testing (IT), and Operational Testing (OT). Demonstrate experience relevant to support test and evaluation of assigned projects. Demonstrate experience in developing test criteria and Test and Evaluation Master Plans. Demonstrate ability to apply analytical methodologies to evaluate the operational effectiveness and suitability of systems. Must have superior technical writing skills to draft unambiguous and concise test plans, test reports, and supporting documents.
- DevOps Engineering: Automation of scheduled jobs to reduce labor intensive tasks. (i.e. program and script in various languages including C, Perl, Python, PowerShell, etc.) Cross-platforming of applications on various OSs. Familiarity with Atlassian Administration (Jira, Confluence, Fisheye, Crucible), Agile and Scrum methodology, understanding of development release cycle and operations, Source Control and Version tools such as (Git, GitLab, Bitbucket), Continuous Integration Frameworks (Bamboo, Jenkins, Maven), Application Containerization (Docker, CoreOS, Rocket), Automation Deployment Tools (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Kubernetes)
We are in need of hands-on systems engineers that can serve as Subject Matter Experts (SME) in two or more of the below technical skills:
- Virtual Engineering: (i.e. VMware vCenter/ESXi, RedHat KVM, Microsoft Hyper-V, advanced virtual networking, ability to deploy high volume configurations, implement a VDI environment, etc.)
- Network Engineering: (i.e. all layers of OSI model, configure of large scale networks with routing protocols, ability to packet capture and conduct detailed analysis, ACL, firewall networking, security patching, OS updates, etc. Familiar with Cisco, VyOS, or NSX.)
- Windows System Engineering: (i.e. Systems Administration, Active Directory, Group Policy Objects, implementing Department of Defense requirements on servers and workstations, etc.)
- Linux Engineering: (i.e. different Linux varieties (e.g. RedHat, CentOS, Ubuntu), security hardening, patching, granular role-based access, implementing Department of Defense requirements, automation of repetitive tasks, etc.)