Title: Cybersecurity Analyst (El Segundo, CA)
Job Location: Los Angeles AFB
Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, Ltd. is an innovative small business committed to providing world class technical, management, and training support services to government and public sector clients. We focus on people, processes, and performance to deliver superior results. Since our inception in 1997, our commitment to mission success and customer satisfaction has been recognized with exponential growth and exceptional past performance ratings. We accept challenging assignments and drive projects from the planning stages, through implementation, and into operations and support.
This position provides cybersecurity support at Los Angeles AFB for the Space and Missile Systems Center (SMC). SMC plans for, acquires and sustains space-enabled systems in support of the President, Secretary of Defense and combat forces. A System of Systems is comprised of an integrated system of satellites, terminals and control stations of various acquisition categories, in different phases of their life cycles, providing support to aircraft, ships, mobile and fixed sites.
Duties include, but not limited to:
- Establish mission systems A&A for SMC mission systems in accordance with the DoD Cybersecurity A&A Program for SMC ACAT -I programs, ACAT-Il/III programs and the associated SMC operational baseline components and terminals at the Central Integrated Support Facility (CISF) which includes its test facility.
- Provide Cybersecurity A&A support to emerging satellite programs. Provide direct support to the Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM) for all Mission Information Systems.
- Maintain and distribute Mission Information Systems A&A schedules for the Mission Information Systems in accordance with the program office Cybersecurity Plan, and the Cybersecurity Integrated Product Team Schedule, In accordance with DoDI 8510.01.
- Prepare a weekly report describing the status of each A&A package in process.
- Items to be addressed shall include delivery of associated documentation and artifacts, status of missing items, completed and/or pending reviews, and status of remaining actions.
- Information Security Management Act (FISMA) and the Enterprise Mission Assurance Support Service (eMASS) database.
- Conduct annual FISMA validation of Cybersecurity control in accordance with DoDI 8500.01, DoDI 8510.01, CNSSI 1253, the Cybersecurity Strategy, and Plan of Action and Milestone (POA&M).
- Review findings shall be submitted in a detailed written report.
- Review space mission systems certification policies, programs, procedures and reports for initial and follow-on system releases, including new and evolving Cybersecurity system requirements, in accordance with the Cybersecurity Charter, DoDI 8510.01, and Cybersecurity directives.
- Review findings shall be documented in a detailed report with suggested changes/revisions to RMF artifacts.
- Maintain operational systems security baseline tracking via an automated tool (EITDR and eMASS) and update when changes have been approved in accordance with RMF, DoDI 8510.01 and the Change Board Instructions.
- Prepare a letter of assurance once changes have been approved and ready for release to the authorization authority.
Initiate, publish and maintain the System Information Profile in accordance with DoDI 8500.01, DoDI 8510.01, AFSPCI 33-202 and Cybersecurity Plans.
- Review security control implementation within the Test and Evaluation Management Plan (TEMP) and inputs for OT&E Plan in accordance with DoDI 8500.01 and DoDI 8510.01.
- Review RMF related memorandums of agreements/memorandums of understanding (MOA/MOU) for RMF compliance in accordance with DoDI 8510.01 and DoDI 8500.01. Document findings in a detailed written report.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Security certification compliant with DoD 8570
- Minimum 5 years cybersecurity professional experience
- Detail oriented, meticulous, and possess good organizational skills
- Experience briefing senior officers
- Current Secret clearance
- Master’s degree in science, engineering, or other technical field
- CISSP certification
- Prior military or civil service experience supporting SMC
- Prior experience supporting a DoD acquisition organization
- Current TS/SCI clearance or adjudication within the last 2 years
- Position is located at Los Angeles Air Force Base in El Segundo, CA.
- Travel less than 20%
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant.
Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, LTD. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or other factors protected by federal, state, and/or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment
- On Site Cafeteria
- Paid sick days
- Life Insurance
- Maternity/Paternity Paid Leave
- Gym Memberships
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Retirement / Pension Plans
- Paid Holidays
- Employee Referral Program
- Military Leave
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Professional Development
- Employee Events
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vacation/paid time off