- Job Description
Cybernet Systems has an opening for a Cybersecurity Analyst. This position will work with the cyber team in evaluating, securing, and maintaining critical IT systems. The candidate should be able to work in a professional atmosphere, possess problem solving and organizational skills, and have good verbal and written communication skills in order to coordinate with co-workers and various customers. Duties include but are not limited to assessing the impacts of system vulnerabilities, developing and implementing mitigation plans, and documenting all findings. A successful candidate will have comprehensive experience based in different technologies and Cybersecurity and will also have the ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment with the energy and motivation to make a difference. Knowledge of the DoD's Cybersecurity processes (Risk Management Framework (RMF) and NIST 800-53) is a plus.
- Recommend best security practices and securing procedures to sustain and/or improve security posture of critical Information systems.
- Maintain Awareness of vulnerabilities and of the newest security patches
- Verification and implementation of the required STIGs and control mechanisms.
- Coordinating remediation approach and reporting vulnerability status within a POA&M and propose appropriate mitigation strategies
- Understand TCP/IP protocol suite, TCP/IP headers and packets, the OSI model, and commonly used TCP/UDP ports and associated services
- Participate in engineering reviews of drawings, interfaces, and functional specifications against cybersecurity requirements.
- Assist the cyber team with the development of security tools.
- Minimum Education: B.S. or equivalent experience in the Information Technology related fields
- Minimum General Experience: 1 - 4 years of related experience
- Proficient in Windows, Windows Server, and/or Linux operating systems.
- Ability to work independently and manage time and associated workloads effectively
- Experience using security tools to evaluate system compliance
- Must be able to multi-task, work independently and as part of a team, share workloads, and deal with sudden shifts in project priorities.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
- Must be able to obtain a secret clearance
- Active Secret clearance
- IAT Level II (GSEC, Security, SSCP, or CCNA-Security) certification desired but not necessary
- Experience with DoD Cybersecurity policies, directives, and STIGs
- Experience with leveraging tools, including ACAS, SCAP/SCC, and/or eMASS preferred
- Experience with assessing organizational risks and recommending mitigation strategies
- Knowledge of NIST 800 series publications, including 800-30, 800-37, 800-53, 800-53a, and 800-171.
- Job Location
- Orlando, Florida, United States
- Position Type