SkyePoint Decisions, Inc. is seeking a highly-motivated team member to fill the role of Cybersecurity Engineer. This individual will support the Environmental Protection Agency, operating and maintaining enterprise network security infrastructure devices. These systems include firewalls, intrusion detection systems, security appliances, and security management and monitoring equipment.
- Designs and develops new systems, applications, and solutions for external customer's enterprise-wide cyber systems and networks.
- Ensures system security needs are established and maintained for operations development, security requirements definition, security risk assessment, systems analysis, systems design, security test and evaluation, certification and accreditation, systems hardening, vulnerability testing and scanning, incident response support, disaster recovery and business continuity support; provides analytical support for security policy development and security analysis of new technologies.
- Integrates new architectural features into existing infrastructures, designs cyber security architectural artifacts, provides architectural analysis of cyber security features and relates existing system to future needs and trends, provides security engineering recommendations, and resolves integration and testing issues. May interface with external entities including law enforcement, intelligence and other government organizations and agencies.
- The individual will operate and maintain enterprise network security infrastructure devices, including firewalls intrusion detection systems, security appliances, and security management and monitoring equipment.
- Experience managing and operating enterprise-class firewall and/or intrusion detection/protection systems is required
- Specific experience managing and operating Fortinet UTM devices is highly desired. Familiarity with ArcSight, EM7, Symantec Endpoint Protection, ForeScout, Tenable Nessus, and Splunk is highly desired.
- Experience performing these activities in support of a federal government agency is highly desired.
Education and Experience:
- BS and + 2 years related experience
MS + 0 years’ experience
- Experience managing and operating enterprise-class firewall and/or intrusion detection/protection system
- Experience managing and operating Fortinet UTM devices
- Symantec Endpoint Protection
- Tenable Nessus
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust
SkyePoint Decisions is an established ISO 9000:2008 certified small business headquartered in Dulles, Virginia, with local offices across the Washington, DC, metropolitan area. SkyePoint Decisions has grown into a successful federal contractor by combining industry best practices with innovative solutions that consistently meet or exceed customer requirements. We understand and integrate our customer’s technology and mission requirements to successfully deliver high quality, cost effective services on time and on budget.
SkyePoint Decisions empowers a secure dynamic workforce to complete any mission -- anytime, anywhere. It’s what we call Agency Anywhere®. SkyePoint Decisions delivers Agency Anywhere® by tightly integrating our technical competencies (cybersecurity, cloud services, remote access, collaboration, system & network optimization, device management and more) to provide our customer’s operating environments with the security, flexibility, availability, and operational continuity required to enable today’s on-the-go federal workforce to successfully and securely complete any mission – anytime, anywhere.
SkyePoint Decisions is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.