Title: Cybersecurity Specialist III
Job Location: PEO Soldier Headquarters Ft. Belvoir, VA
Odyssey Systems has an exciting new opportunity for a Cybersecurity Specialist III, supporting the PEO Soldier Mission.The mission of PEO Soldier is to provide soldiers with capabilities to ensure they remain decisive and dominant throughout the full spectrum of military operations. The Army conducts offensive operations, defensive operations, stability operations and civil support operations with Soldiers equipped and trained to use the very best equipment and capabilities that PEO Soldier can provide.
Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, Ltd. is an innovative small business committed to providing world-class technical, management, and training support services to government and public sector clients. We focus on people, processes, and performance to deliver superior results. Since our inception in 1997, our commitment to mission success and customer satisfaction has been recognized with exponential growth and exceptional past performance ratings. We accept challenging assignments and drive projects from the planning stages, through implementation, and into operations and support.
Duties include, but not limited to:
- Possesses and applies a comprehensive knowledge across key tasks and high impact assignments and plans and leads major assignments
- Assist on all matters relating to the vulnerabilities and threats to Information Technology (IT) Systems, National Security Systems (NSS), and Automated Information Systems (AIS).
- Implement the Defense (DOD) Risk Management Framework (RMF) and assist to the System Security Manager (ISSM) ensure successful implementation of associated security controls and reviews all RMF documentation packages, and
system fielding, operations, or upgrade requirements
- Assist Program Management Offices with Cybersecurity related Acquisition documentation requirements (i.e. Cybersecurity Strategies) and statutory/regulatory/policy compliance.
- Coordinate integration of Cybersecurity, COMSEC, and TEMPEST into the entire system life-cycle design, development, and deployment.
- Support maintenance of DOD Inspector General (IG) Cybersecurity SelfAssessment checklist compliance and Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA)
- Implement audit measures to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements, participate in organizational inspections and surveys of computer systems, provide inspection results, and assess the adequacy of corrective actions taken.
- Advise on all complex and unique computer security systems, make recommendations on the approval of various computer operations based on security guidelines, and provide alternatives to managers to meet security requirements
based on the unique needs of the organization and mission requirements.
- Assist in developing, maintaining, implementing and delivering a formal training and education program for computer and information security requirements and operation and maintenance of automated information systems in compliance with all applicable regulations and safeguards.
- Analyze the vulnerabilities and weaknesses of existing computer security programs that could benefit from group training and translate those needs into training and education media.
- Manage computer incident coordination and notification with the local Network Enterprise Center (NEC) and servicing Computer Emergency Response Teams.
- Generate reports of analyses and processes the information in accordance with program procedures.
- Provide technical input and writes documents to provide information, help prevent, and increase understanding of issues involved in computer security incidents including, but not limited to internal documentation, advisories, and technical documents.
- Assist with policy, programmatic, budget and doctrine issues associated with Cybersecurity within the organization, other U.S. Government agencies, and other technical experts.
- US Citizen
- Active DOD secret clearance
- BS Cybersecurity or Equivalent (as determined by the Government) 6 years relevant experience
- CISSP or CISM Certification desired
- Ability to lead cybersecurity efforts on assigned programs with minimal oversight from
the Government lead.
- Information Security Manager (CISM) certification is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of DOD, Army, and ASA(ALT) directives and regulations governing Cybersecurity.
This position is contingent upon Program Award.
Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, LTD. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or other factors protected by federal, state, and/or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment