Northwest Software Inc., is looking for a long term contract opportunity at our customer site, a leading company in Raleigh, NC .
Technical Writer – US Postal Service is looking for a candidate that can work closely with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), engineering and operational project teams, end users and other stakeholders to create and maintain high quality documentation including network topology diagrams, executive level briefings, White Papers, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Training Plans.
• Create Policy documents and work with engineers to create network topology diagrams.
• Work with engineering teams to develop required tool, application or service training for end users. Document required and specialized training opportunities. Align with Organizational Training and Awareness team to ensure all technical training meets enterprise standards.
• Collaborate with corporate communications to ensure communications plans, documentation and training are aligned; assist in creating departmental communications.
• Engage and collaborate with end users to address content gaps, respond to feedback and promote continuous improvement of documentation experience.
• Write clear and concise task-based information for a technical audience; familiarity with cybersecurity communications language and subject matter.
• Have excellent writing and editing skills, familiar with AP style and Chicago Manual of Style.
• Be a strategic thinker who is comfortable working in a fast-paced team environment.
• Understands the difference between information management and data management; ability to assist in both.
• Minimum five years’ experience in a technical writing field or technical engineering supporting role.
• Understanding of 508-compliance remediation.
• Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Visio) including template creation and application; familiarity with XML topic based technical writing via DITA.
• Working knowledge of DITA/XML authoring tools, RoboHelp, MadCap Flare, FrameMaker and Adobe Acrobat Professional.
• Must be able to create strong policy documentation and network topology diagrams.
• Experience and understanding of information management/information architecture fundamentals such as version control, content management, single sourcing and metadata.
• Experience in an agile environment and rapid deadlines.
• Proven work experience as Communication Specialist or similar role
• An ability to prepare and interpret flowcharts, schedules and step-by-step action plans • Solid organizational skills, including multitasking and time-management
• Strong client-facing and teamwork skills
• Familiarity with risk management and quality assurance control
• Bachelor's degree in Science, Business or related disciplines or equivalent work experience
Call : 425-222-2530
Talent Acquisition Specialist